wtf? photoshop actions and setting disappeared...

Question

all actions are gone, setting have been reset to default, items form the palette well are gone. every thing back to default.

:no:

i am the only administrator on this computer so there is no way any one could have reinstalled it or deleted files (even then, if they could have which they couldnt have, i have re installed before and every thing is still there).

this is prety ridiculous, and it appears to be a bug that is adobes fault.

i am a freelance photographer, and i had probably close to a hundred actions, many which were made by me that i do not have backups of. also, all my color and proof settings are gone. (please dont give me BS either about how i should have backed this stuff up, because i have been using photoshop for over 6 years and have never had something like this happen)

:angry:

Edited by xdjoynerx

13 answers to this question

all actions are gone, setting have been reset to default, items form the palette well are gone. every thing back to default.

:no:

i am the only administrator on this computer so there is no way any one could have reinstalled it or deleted files (even then, if they could have which they couldnt have, i have re installed before and every thing is still there).

this is prety ridiculous, and it appears to be a bug that is adobes fault.

i am a freelance photographer, and i had probably close to a hundred actions, many which were made by me that i do not have backups of. also, all my color and proof settings are gone. (please dont give me BS either about how i should have backed this stuff up, because i have been using photoshop for over 6 years and have never had something like this happen)

:angry:

Before you give up hope, are the actions and such completely gone as in the script files are no longer in your photoshop directory...or are they just missing from within the program.

C:\Documents and Settings\MY USER NAME\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\9.0\Adobe Photoshop CS2 Settings

i went in there and it looks like all default stuff in there. am i looking at the wrong place?

my plugins are still there, but all my actions and settings which would have been in that directory above have dissapeared :wacko:

Have you tried removing your settings from the directory, starting Photoshop so that it restores defaults & then pasting your settings back there?

It's happened to me a few times in the past where it restores defaults, but I backup actions & settings pretty regulary so I just past my settings back into the directory where they are all stored & it's all back to normal again.

they charge for support :crazy:

If you paid a lot of money for Photoshop & you've spent all this time creating actions that are important to you then the charge from Adobe support to fix it should be worth it :whistle: