Xbox, not 360 High Definition Cables

I have an Xbox, not a 360 and my tv supports component cables as well as S-Video input. It has 480i capability.

I don't have an HDtv but it has component in and also it has svideo support. I want to know which is better to get for the best possible picture given my television. My television supports 480i. So my question to you is which cables to purchase for the higher quality picture.. The s-video or the high definition av cables? I don't have an hdtv and am confused by the high def cables because it states its for hdtvs which mine isn't. Can someone offer some help please?

Thanks,

S-video is the best for regular tv, Just like you when I got the first xbox I wanted to get the best results from my tv and finally I got the s-video and tried it and it was the clearest picture to that date.

the main difference between the svideo and component cable is the ability to enable progressive scan with the component cables, but since your tv can't support that i don't really think you should get the component cables. they really won't give much benefit over svideo in your situation.

Indeed, I'd go with the component out of those and s-video.... Here's an article that shows.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6139690/index.html

Now when I was deciding I actually went for the VGA cables, cause if you look at the screenshot it makes a big diference. If you don't have a monitor in the same room as your xbox disregard this part ^^. BTW: I had gotten a 360 at launch and sold my xbox, but have the vga adapter still (x2vga+) have it on ebay with a day left. So if you want to go that route, there's one up there: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MESE:IT

I've seen some TV's that have the component share the audio jack with the composite and S-video jacks. So basically so long as you have red/green/blue/red/white plugs on the back of your TV you're good.

my television only has three inputs under the component part. and there are five cables in that picture. how does that work?

3 are for video, and 2 are audio