Carroll agrees to contract extension with USC

Carroll agrees to contract extension with USC

LOS ANGELES - Pete Carroll, who coached Southern California from mediocrity to dominance since being hired in 2001, agreed to a contract extension with the school.

Neither Carroll nor USC athletic director Mike Garrett would provide specifics of the deal.

According to the Los Angeles Daily News, the contract is for five years and is initially worth around $3 million a season, an upgrade from the $2.25 million he made this season.

Full Story

Well, it looks like he'll be in So. Cal for a while longer. Can he keep the streak alive?

I agree with Snipe. The talen will fall off drastically. I would have gotten out if I were Carroll. Could have gotten a crazy deal in the NFL without dealing with a mediocre team next year.

Doesn't really matter though. In two years, UF will be on top again.

Doesn't really matter though. In two years, UF will be on top again.

:laugh: that gimmicky offense won't work in the SEC (hasn't yet). Although that Utah team that Urban assembled was pretty darn good... we shall see, but you have to get through LSU first

first

Ah, the lack of research. Meyer's new offense for Florida is planned for unveiling in two years. He has basically laid out that these first two years are for he to learn the SEC defenses and revamp his offense to the SEC. Tebow's sophmore year is the one you should be looking forward to. And yes, LSU is going to be a big game next year, but you have to get through the SWAMP.