Peach Bowl

LSU hands The U their worst bowl loss ever. :woot:

Miami took a 3-0 lead, but was dominated from there on out in every facet of the game.

I thought this game was going to be much closer. What a beat down!

GEAUX TIGERS

Miami is kicked out of the ACC :p

I guess that time off did loads of good for LSU after playing 11 weeks straight. I'm glad they one, they had a rough year.

Miami couldn't establish a damn thing, but a decent punt returning game. LSU quickly snuffed that by punting the ball away from Hester. Miami only had 50 or so yards on the ground and like 100 in the air. The only highlight for Miami was their showcase of future-back Devin Hester.

LSU's QB Matt Flynn was surprisingly impressive with his running game and I think, for his first start, he looked better than JaMarcus Russel has ever been. I wouldn't be too surprised to see him become the next Matt Lineart.

Miami couldn't establish a damn thing, but a decent punt returning game.

Too bad LSU punted only once in the game :rofl:

LSU's QB Matt Flynn was surprisingly impressive with his running game and I think, for his first start, he looked better than JaMarcus Russel has ever been.

Matt tends to play a little more conservative than JaMarcus. JaMarcus tries to do too much sometimes and can be careless with the football, but he can also make some big plays with his cannon of an arm. Suprisingly, he can't run very well although he put up huge rushing stats in high school (probably because he is so big & the little high school kids couldn't tackle him).

Edited by Snipe

Not only did Miami take a whoopin on the field...but they even took a whoopin in the tunnel when two of there players got knocked unconscious and staggered out of the tunnel...LOL

I also think that Les Miles isn't all that good of a coach...he's taking Glory from the past coaches recuiting...we'll see soon when LSU goes 2-9 when Les's Recuits take the field.

Edited by jwjw1

Another dominating SEC performance...Miami who? :cool:

I also think that Les Miles isn't all that good of a coach...he's taking Glory from the past coaches recuiting...we'll see soon when LSU goes 2-9 when Les's Recuits take the field.

Sorry dude, but Choklahoma fans should've lost ALL trash talking privileges for at least 5 years after they weasel their way into 2 national championship games in a row only to get their @sses handed right back to them. :/

Not only did Miami take a whoopin on the field...but they even took a whoopin in the tunnel when two of there players got knocked unconscious and staggered out of the tunnel...LOL

The LSU team that took the field last night was as well prepared as any team going into any game this season. Players make the plays, but the LSU coaches had one hell of a game plan.

With all that LSU went through this season with hurricanes Katrina and Rita, it is amazing they won 11 games. They are the only team this year that has beat 5 Top 25 ranked opponents, and were the only team going into the bowl season that had beat 4 Top 25 teams (rankings at the time the game was played):

No. 15 Arizona State

No. 11 Florida

No. 16 Auburn

No. 4 Alabama

No. 9 Miami

2005 Results via ESPN

LSU is loaded at the skill positions - WR, RB and QB - remember Les recruited Ryan Perilloux (#1 QB coming out of high school last year who was redshirted). He should do fine with recruting.

Also remember Les Miles' OK St. team handed OU a couple losses, OU had loads more talent at the time.

This ass kicking should silence some of - "It's all about da U" talk - put that in your cack pipe and smoke it Michael Irvin :D

Edited by Snipe

LSU is loaded at the skill positions - WR, RB and QB - remember Les recruited Ryan Perilloux (#1 QB coming out of high school last year who was redshirted). He should do fine with recruting.

Also remember Les Miles' OK St. team handed OU a couple losses, OU had loads more talent at the time.

I'm still not sold on Les Miles just yet. I'm not so sure he wins the SEC West this year if it weren't for the talent of Saban's recruits. The UT game, the Auburn game, the ASU game...wasn't impressed with the coaching in those games. But time will tell. Look at who LSU loses after this year. We'll see if Miles is as good as proclaimed around the LSU circles when he has to mold his own recruits into SEC players.

And with the way the backup QB handled the O last night, that Perilloux kid better get used to sitting the bench...he's not going to play anytime soon. He might end up being the DJ Shockley type that only gets his big break his senior year.

Addai, starting TB

Brazell, starting WR

Shyrome Carrey, backup TB

Skyler Green, special teams extraordinaire

Kenny Hollis, backup LB

David Jones, TE

EJ Kuale, Really good LB

Nate Livings, Starting OT

Terrell McGill, Guard

Niswanger, Guard

Oliver, DE

Prude, CB

Spadoni, backup LB

Steltz, FB

Vaugh, ILB

Washington, backup DT

Whitworth, starting OT

Kyle Williams, DT

Claude Wroten, Starting DT

miles still has to prove himself with his guys though. i hate the sec, but i liked lsu when saban was the coach. and saban was a hell of a coach. miles isn't at that level, yet.

miles still has to prove himself with his guys though. i hate the sec, but i liked lsu when saban was the coach. and saban was a hell of a coach. miles isn't at that level, yet.

Saban >> Miles

You can also see the LSU team discipline level starting to slip now that Saban is gone too.

Saban >> Miles

You can also see the LSU team discipline level starting to slip now that Saban is gone too.

They looked pretty disciplined on the field. Miami doesn't get beat very often, let alone by that margin.

They looked pretty disciplined on the field. Miami doesn't get beat very often, let alone by that margin.

Oh, on the field they've looked great most of the season...thanks to Saban's recruits.

Another dominating SEC performance...Miami who? :cool:

Sorry dude, but Choklahoma fans should've lost ALL trash talking privileges for at least 5 years after they weasel their way into 2 national championship games in a row only to get their @sses handed right back to them. :/

Lets see how much you trash talk after Jan 2 when your 'low tide' meets another Big 12 Team..Texas Tech :whistle:

So much trash talk...I love it. Alabama is going to get romped by Texas Tech, even though I picked Alabama to win.

So what if VT fans are trash talking Miami, they have the right to do so. But I must concur, VT got embarrassed by Florida St.

So much trash talk...I love it. Alabama is going to get romped by Texas Tech, even though I picked Alabama to win.

So what if VT fans are trash talking Miami, they have the right to do so. But I must concur, VT got embarrassed by Florida St.

Sure, they have the right, but the latter part is what counts.

I seriously see FSU getting absolutely demolished by Penn State. If Florida (at a mediocre year overall, though an improvement) can dismantle FSU as we did, then Penn State should have no trouble.

Texas Tech can't even spell defense much less play it. If Alabama stops the big pass play they win. It's not like Tech has a running game.

Big 12 sucks guys....as much as I'm pulling for Texas in the big one, I still think they're going to get killed.

:laugh: No offense, but where is VT's room to talk. You guys lost to a pitiful FSU team that is going to get creamed by Penn State.

I laugh at Miami (and UVA) EVERY time they lose...it kinda goes along with the whole rivalry thing :p

but yea I can talk some jack...Virginia Tech DID finish up with the best overall record in the ACC :yes:

Edited by DreAming in DigITal