Anyone skate?

So as the title says does anyone else from Neowin skateboard?

I've been skating for around four years now and still loving it. I find that it lets you do your own thing while still being out with friends.

Any favourate tricks/skaters? I'm into tech/freestyle/street so my favourate tricks currently are big spin late flips, impossibles and late varial heels.

I'm real big into skating myself. Today was the first day we've had since fall that was good enought o skate outdoors. Did a bunch of my favorite tricks...poppin big grabs over hips, 180 boneless off the kicker, 360 flips and some manual combos.

I'll take a picture of my new shortys deck sometime before I use it. Should be anyday now, as my ATM only has another day or so of skating left in it.

I'm more about style than tech myself. Everything I do, I do it with speed, power and style. I've got some of the biggest boneless airs I've seen as well as ridiculous manuals.

http://www.skateevolution.com/ - This is where I skate during the winter.

http://www.skateevolution.com/park/justinmelon.jpg - That's one of my favorite things to do there, big grabs over that box. That's not me, but that's roughly what I look like doing my grabs...except I usually don't do melons.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...=212692&st=5295 - Check this thread for a bigger version of my profile picture and some awsome injury photos I had from skitching a car.

I used to skateboard. But I stopped because the rubbish winter weather messes up your deck and because the attitude to skaters around here is crap. The nearest skatepark that isn't half burnt down and over-run by chavs is a 20 mile train journey. Which isn't really something you can do easily/cheaply every day after college.

Yeah, here I usually would quit int he winter prettymuch, it blows. When I was younger I'd just skate my garage...now that I can drive I go up to Evo whenever possible. Money is kinda tight without a job though, and gas is at least 5$ to get there and back for me each trip, much less admission price. Meh.

The weather here is crap too. :(

@Mouldy Punk: It's like that here too, we petitioned the local council for a skatepark for years, and when they built it last year they built it right next to the worst estate in the whole area. I just don't get why chavs hang out at skateparks, they don't do anything, just hang around acting stupid. A couple of months ago some little stupid 10 year old chav tried to mug us with a knife, what kind of family raises children like that? Usually we goto BaySixtySix as its the only dry place (?7 to get in though everytime).

Damn, I just checked out the baysixtysix site. I wish I could tear that place up, looks like a fantastic park.

Evolution doesn't even have a single hip in it, those are one of my favorite things to skate too. At least there's a real nice outdoor cement park in Akron with a godlike hip. :)

The weather here is crap too. :(

@Mouldy Punk: It's like that here too, we petitioned the local council for a skatepark for years, and when they built it last year they built it right next to the worst estate in the whole area. I just don't get why chavs hang out at skateparks, they don't do anything, just hang around acting stupid. A couple of months ago some little stupid 10 year old chav tried to mug us with a knife, what kind of family raises children like that? Usually we goto BaySixtySix as its the only dry place (?7 to get in though everytime).

You don't happen to live in Luton do you? Because that is exactly what we did here. Had a petition, then when the council finally did something they built the park in the middle of one of the worst areas in the town.

You don't happen to live in Luton do you? Because that is exactly what we did here. Had a petition, then when the council finally did something they built the park in the middle of one of the worst areas in the town.

London not Luton :)

:D:D:D:D

I just found someone running a deck company in my area. Sent him a message about whether he has a team or not, this is what he said back!

Hey man I've seen you at evo a few times. Well I guess I can call you Mike now instead of 'holy **** did that dude just manual that whole thing oh **** he's goin back'. As for a team I have a few kids from Toledo and Canton that skate for me but since I just started I can't get anymuch much besides tshirts. I gotta wait til I break even (which should be the next shipment of Logo Decks, this weekend), and then I should be able to give out discounted then free decks. I just gotta build up ya know.

Yes the boards are at the shop. However if you wait and get one through me its 5 bucks cheaper (35, evo charges 40). I think they only have a 8.0" there right now, let me know what size you skate and I should have one left at the Apartment.

As for you on the team, if you were interested, I am very impressed by your skills. Next time the team comes up (prolly this weekend/week) I'll let you know and they will watch you skate and then we can vote you in. That is if you're fine with waiting until we build up to get free stuff heh. Let me know man.

-Dave

just came back from snowboarding. its alright but it gets boring after a while. mayb its just me cuse i seemed to be going not so fast and i kept falling lol.

i used to aggressive skate if that counts for anything. i was realy good and i was really into it. heh come 2 think of it id kno why i stopped. maybe i'll have to get the 'ol skates out of the basement and give it a try again this spring.

That type of skating is fun. I have some close friends that do it, and I'll strap some on every now and then. I've never taken it seriously, I can just jump high, do basic grabs and some cool gaps. Never even really tried to grind, hahah.

:D:D:D:D

I just found someone running a deck company in my area. Sent him a message about whether he has a team or not, this is what he said back!

:| nice one man! :woot:

Keep us updated will you.