Fixing the iTunes organization

Original Post : http://forum.fluxiontech.com/index.php?showtopic=347 Images included there.

After many questions and endless emails I have decided to answer this here for the record!

I know many of you here have cursed iTunes for its song organization feature when you accedentaly checked it.

IPB Image -> IPB Image

It is a real pain as once you do that iTunes puts all your songs into folders (by artists / album etc.) which is not particularly bad for some but horrific for others. Well here is a quick and simple solution to your worries if you cannot stand that organization!

1. Open up your music folder that iTunes messed up.

2. Click on the search button & select "All files and folders" from the sidebar.

IPB Image

3. In the "All or part of the file name" category type ".mp3" (without the quotes) and hit search! Note: This can also be done with any other extentions like wma, wmv, mpeg, avi etc.

IPB Image

4. The search will find all files that contained the extention .mp3 in turn listing all of your mp3's.

IPB Image <=> IPB Image

5. Now either press "ctrl-A" (select all) or use any other way to highlight all of the mp3s that were found and drag and drop them into the directory of your choice! No more annoying folders to worry about, all your music is in one folder!

6. Now you can remove all of the entries in itunes and delete the folders it made and start fresh.

Its really that simple! Now if you are thinking: "Why didn't I think of that?", well lets save that for another tutorial. laugh.gif

Comments welcome smile.gif

Cheers and happy listening!