hiding all those cables

hi, i wish to tiddy up my home theater. i have a lcd hanging on a wall and it has a lot of cables coming out of it. it looks pretty messy becuase of the cables. how do professional home theater designer hide all their cables? i wish to have a discreet look. do they drill a big hole and tunnel all their cables through it? how do i do that?

hi, i wish to tiddy up my home theater. i have a lcd hanging on a wall and it has a lot of cables coming out of it. it looks pretty messy becuase of the cables. how do professional home theater designer hide all their cables? i wish to have a discreet look. do they drill a big hole and tunnel all their cables through it? how do i do that?

you can always run wires thru the wall. get a stud finder to make sure ur not going thru one of the studs in the wall. then get a drill: there is a special attachment bit for making round holes in walls for this very purpose, i forgot what its called.

plan this out first, you want the hole to be hidden behind a piece of furnature..and the hole that comes out on the other end to be as hidden as possible.

Another option is to use as much HDMI as possible, that way you don't hve like 3 cables per device...it'll just be the one HDMI cable and power cable probably.

there are lots of ways to tiddy up the theater, if possible, please post a pic of your setup so we can see it.

sorry, no camera. but, it's basically a lcd hanging on a wall with my equipments below it. are there any online tutorial on how to do this? i have never done any home improvement work.

There are two options:

1. Drill holes and run your cables through there (not power cords, they aren't in wall rated).

2. Get a plastic sleeve that attaches to your wall. Run the cables inside it and then paint over it.