StoneRocket.net

Question

looks nice (Y)

1 comment - the forums are weird, they are inside the middle frame , it would be better to have them on their own page

with similar graphics, it give me a claustrophobic vibe :p

Well, that's actually, because of the bg :)

And here's heavy discussion about the forums. Some ppl like the frame, others - not. So, we're deciding what to do :p

Ok... your main white content area just doesn't feel right with the centered text - and short amount of it at that. Secondly, why does hosting lead the user to the forums? If you're a hosting company, why do you have board stats on the front page? Having to jump around from your normal layout to forums pages for information is amazingly awkward. Your site is missing 2 pages of information... especially the about page.. should not launch a site until its completed.. blah blah blah.

Well, that's actually, because of the bg :)

And here's heavy discussion about the forums. Some ppl like the frame, others - not. So, we're deciding what to do :p

So why are you using a 1600x1200 image for the background? Chop it to 3px wide and 1200px tall, thats all you need.

body {
	 background:url(images/bg.jpg) repeat-x top left fixed;
}

That's because of the lines in it. I think we need something else 'cause if we repeat it just looks crappy

Also, we're still workin on the forums :p

And those hosting, about & FAQ pages will also be fixed quite soon :)

.. no it wouldnt.

If you cut it right, it works perfectly.. and I gave you the dimensions. Take the first 3 pixels on the left, and all the way down. Id do it for you, but the image is compressed and looks like poo.

.. no it wouldnt.

If you cut it right, it works perfectly.. and I gave you the dimensions. Take the first 3 pixels on the left, and all the way down. Id do it for you, but the image is compressed and looks like poo.

Ok, I will try that :)

Also, we have changed the forum integration, maybe now it's better :p

looks nice (Y)

1 comment - the forums are weird, they are inside the middle frame , it would be better to have them on their own page

with similar graphics, it give me a claustrophobic vibe :p

I agree. I am at work and I am using small monitor. The viewing area is really small. If you can improve that it would be cool. Nice site.

did you remove the background? cuz i just see a big white gap where it says

Welcome to Stonerocket! You've just discovered one of the web's best kept secrets.

We are a community based project boasting members from all four corners of the globe and beyond...

Registering with the site will give you full access to out community's features, including the ability to make your own blog, image gallery, accessing our downloads and submitting your own site for the topsites list. That's not to mention our forums, the core of our community, where you can meet and greet other members; these are the forums where you can gain access to our premium quality free hosting.

So, what are you waiting for? Get down to our forums for quality discussion and hosting right now!

We guarantee you'll be impressed...

Looking forward to seeing you there,

StoneRocket.net Staff

and the background takes forever to load.. byt definitely nice site (Y)

I agree. I am at work and I am using small monitor. The viewing area is really small. If you can improve that it would be cool. Nice site.

Hmm.... You know, even if we remove the frame and let the forum as it is, the width of forum's header will be the same as the current's one :p

did you remove the background? cuz i just see a big white gap where it says

and the background takes forever to load.. byt definitely nice site (Y)

Well, where's the text it should be white :p

Btw, thx for comments... Also, we're working on the forum's integration. If it fails I think we will have to return to usual forum style :p

nice looking site, however the text size is awfully small to read.

Dunno, I use 1280x1024 and can easily read...

I'm using 1024x768 on a 17inch LCD monitor and its very small text size.

Ok, I think I will increase the site a bit :p Though it's strange...

well the white gap looks nasty..

light blue maybe?

Hmm... that's an idea, need to think over...

any color, any pattern.. just not white.. :yes:

about the text ssize: i personally think small is nice.. but yeah, its small for some people :p

Looks good but the white space behind the main welcome text needs a background to. Or something to make it look easier on the eye. The scrolling marque is very fast on 64bit lol.

I think the StoneRocket and the logo needs to be bigger and more impacting so you remember it easy. Like it should be the first thing you look at. It seems quite tucked away in that corner.

Ok, I have chaged the text size and tried to change the bg...result about the bg is :s

Gonna try some more colors, dunno, seems white was da best :p

Eugh, centered text!