Arsenal want Vieira back!

Arsenal are being linked with a shock bid to bring Patrick Vieira back to Highbury, according to The Sunday People.

The French midfield star left London last summer, joining Italian giants Juventus in a ?13million deal.

Since then he's helped the reigning Serie A champions dominate again in the first half of the season - the Bianconeri are currently eight points clear at the top.

Arsenal meanwhile have struggled badly without their midfield enforcer, and currently lie sixth in the Premiership table a massive 22 points behind Chelsea.

They've been particularly vulnerable away from home, where Vieira's physical presence was so vital in the past.

Now according to The People Arsene Wenger is set to move, with Vieira reportedly having told friends he misses Highbury.

The go-between in the deal to set up a return ticket is ex-Gunner Gilles Grimandi, who was a part of the 1998 Double-winning squad that Vieira anchored.

When he left Highbury Vieira said: "I saw myself finishing my career at Arsenal... and I was looking forward to leading the team out at Ashburton Grove.

"One moment I was discussing with Arsene Wenger our expectations for the new season, the next I was told by David Dein there was an offer from Juventus and that the club was neutral about my decision to accept it or not... I did not understand it."

Source: Sporting Life

I highly doubt that Arsenal will sign him again. Juventus are not stupid enough to sell their best player for the same price or cheaper than they bought him, and Arsenal have financial sense so they wont pay more for the player they sold six months ago.

not that simple, even though Wenger has eye for talent, a talent will need time to develop into a good player to be good enough to lead the team in midfield.

I highly doubt that Arsenal will sign him again. Juventus are not stupid enough to sell their best player for the same price or cheaper than they bought him, and Arsenal have financial sense so they wont pay more for the player they sold six months ago.

:yes: totlally agree

He was also at Arsenal's last home game :unsure:

He was there only because there wasn't any seria a game anymore last year and he wanted to see how arsenal is doing....come on, he was with arsenal for many years.....HE was their CAPTAIN!!!! Cannavaro was also with him, so canna will go to arsenal too?

:shiftyninja:

Indeed they are missing Vieira, but they should now start believing in themselves. They need to rebuild the team and start playing well. They lost 3 consecutive games this season, 6 in all. Arsenal looked like a dream team when they last won the premiership, and now look at them. Wonder how time can change things.

it's impossible for Vieira to come back.

There are many young players at Ars now, so maybe Ars will not play good this yr, but in the near future, Ars will become stronger and stronger.

Bright Furute!

Years later, ars will also get more money to buy good player.

There's no way that Vieira would go back to Arsenal. He's playing for one of the best teams in the world, and he's playing well with them. Also, Juventus would never sell him.

There's no way that Vieira would go back to Arsenal. He's playing for one of the best teams in the world, and he's playing well with them. Also, Juventus would never sell him.

Wasn't that said about Arsenal?

Why go back to a team that is having major issues in their league, from a team that is dominant in their League and is one of the top favourites to win the CL. The cup that Vieira wanted so badly.

On New Year's Day Wenger was asked about rumours off Vieira returning to Arsenal. Guess what Arsene replied?

"today is January 1st, not April 1st."

Classic.

*cough*

Theo Walcott :p

nay... southampton rejected arsenal's bid. :pinch:

On New Year's Day Wenger was asked about rumours off Vieira returning to Arsenal. Guess what Arsene replied?

"today is January 1st, not April 1st."

Classic.

nay... southampton rejected arsenal's bid. :pinch:

*Apparently* Arsenal will offer 15 million after their 12 million bid was rejected. And I cant see Southampton rejecting that type of money to be honest. I havent really seen much of this Walcott though, I dont think he would be worth 12 million or even 15 million.

I havent really seen much of this Walcott though, I dont think he would be worth 12 million or even 15 million.

thats what people said when wenger signed Henry. :whistle: