Avast! Registration instructions

Anyone that knows anything about computers can easiely register Avast!.

There are then those that still haven't grasped the concpect of the left and right mouse button, to those induviduals, they need their hand held. Sence i'm not aware that avast provides an easy to follow wizard to hellp them in the free registration of the Antivirus, I've created a guide you can save and print off and give to people who's computer you install "Avast! Personal Edition" on to aid them in the first time registraction and the registration once the 14 months are up.

Also below is the attached Zip file, which contains the Doc version with the text formating intact.

---------------------------------------------

Avast! Registration Instructions

**First time registration Instructions**

1) Right click on the blue (A) next to the clock

2) Left click on “About Avast!”

3) Left click on the “License key…” button

4) Left click “Program registration…” (Leave the Registration window open)

5) Once the website loads, fill out the information and click register

6) In about 1-10 min you should receive the email “Avast! Registration”

7) Open the email

8) Print the email

9) Return to the “Registration” window

8) Type in the key you printed, below is an example of what the key should look like.

---------- cut here ----------

W1333817H1400A1106-T62PUT93

9) Click OK and then OK again.

Congratulations you are now registered for 14 months!

**Renewing your registration**

The words “License key invalid” may be seen to let you know its time to renew

1) Open Avast by going to start / programs (or all programs) / Avast! Antivirus / Avast!

2) Once the registration window appears, left click “Program registration…” (Leave the Registration window open)

3) Once the Registration website loads, fill out the information and click register

4) In about 1-10 min you should receive the email “Avast! Registration”

5) Open the email

6) Print the email

7) Return to the “Registration” window

8) Type in the license key from the email you just printed, below is an example of what the key should look like.

W1333817H1400A1106-T62PUT93

9) When done press ok

10) Wait for Avast to finish loading then exit Avast.

Congratulations you are now registered for another 14 months!

Avast_registration.zip

Edited by warwagon

My Norton Antivirus is about to expire in a month, do you guys think avast is better than it? Or should i stick with Norton (or suggest another anti virus i can get in stores)

My Norton Antivirus is about to expire in a month, do you guys think avast is better than it? Or should i stick with Norton (or suggest another anti virus i can get in stores)

free alternative: avast

pay alternative: nod32

Yes I recommend both over norton.

if you want to ass rape your computer: Norton

If you don't then use the 2 slimy recommended, but one thing Avast! has over any antivirus in my opinion is the "Boot time virus scan", and its free, go figure.

I like avast! too. I have installed it onto a few of my familys computers because its easy to use, it updates itself (unlike norton who doesnt update completely, but u have to use live update to get all the updates). It alerts you of program updates and asks you to install it and on Christmas, it even wished me merry christmas lol

I have been using avast! home free version on two of my PC's for a year and I never had any software problem with updates .Just last week it stopped a trojan "head on" that attempted to access my PC while I was reading info from a Computer hardware site.

Oh wow more Avast lovers!

I use Avast pro on all my systems and have found it to be incredibly light on resources, fast, and an effective solution.

Definetly one of the best AV's out there - even the free version. :)

I don't see what the fuss is over an anti-virus programs UI is, I mean I only open it about once a month if that.

no ones fussing!

did i say it sucked? NO!

did i dump it coz it looked like a media player? NO!

there you go, no fuss at all.

i use nod32, just coz i like it.

avast is great too, but its UI looks like some sorta media player! :p

Yea lol! The UI is pretty wierd, well to me it is. Still a good AV though. I like NOD32 the best :D