[?] VNC Connection (without knowing ip)

Hi there,

What i want to do is install VNC on my clients machine and be able to connect when i need to, they have a router and their ip address is dynamic.

Is there a way i can use VNC like the LogMeIn service? or can i have an shortcut they can click that would send the info to me so i can connect to them?

a bit like using remote desktop to send an invitation to connect

or is there a way to use remote desktop to send an email invite via a shortcut rather than going through the help and support?

Cheers.

A lot of routers these days have DynDns clients built into them, that will allow you to create an address which will always (so long as it's switched on) point at the router. I use this for my pc, and for all networks I setup for friends, this way, if they ever have a problem, I can always connect into the router (assuming the internet connection isnt broken) and fix it. Check the router's settings and see if this is available, if so, I sugest you set it up, and then you can just use the address you create in your VNC client.

If it's not available on the router, you can get desktop clients for it too, and they do pick up the external IP, but one that's built into the router is obviously better.