Thundor

Hello, neowinians. :)

I developed this application for personal use only, but as I saw the final application... It was like *wow*.

Using this application you can keep your desktop clear and just add some new keywords to the application.

You can add keywords via: Right Mouse Click on the Icon in Tray -> Options -> Keywords

You can open the launch-window: Left Mouse Click on the Icon in Tray -> Enter Keyword

Just imagine. I have a keyword 'wmp' it will launch Windows Media Player. So, I open the launch-window, and type 'wmp'. Windows Media Player will be opened.

Current Version: 1.0.1000.0

.NET Version Required: 2.0

If you'll found a bug, please report.

Thundor_1.0.1000.0.zip

post-29924-1137326815.png

post-29924-1137326848.png

left-click and then type? that's kinda messed up

if this were a true keyword launcher, i'd add some sort of hotkey to open the launch window instead of clicking

:(

i'd add some sort of hotkey to open the launch window instead of clicking

Sounds promising but I agree it needs a hotkey rather than having to click on an icon. That wouldnt be to hard to implement anyhow. Good luck with this project

This program is fairly pointless. Windows has this capability already. Create a shortcut to a program and give it a simple-to-type name, place the shortcut in the Windows folder (C:\Windows), and then you can type the shortcut's name in the Run dialog (Win+R -> Type shortcut name -> Enter.)

if this were a true keyword launcher, i'd add some sort of hotkey to open the launch window instead of clicking

:(

Seems like a bit of effort... like he said, shouldn't mix clicks and typing for things like this.

also...

Winkey + R

wmplayer [enter]

Sounds promising but I agree it needs a hotkey rather than having to click on an icon. That wouldnt be to hard to implement anyhow. Good luck with this project

Ok, thank y'all.. I'll work on it ;)

This program is fairly pointless. Windows has this capability already. Create a shortcut to a program and give it a simple-to-type name, place the shortcut in the Windows folder (C:\Windows), and then you can type the shortcut's name in the Run dialog (Win+R -> Type shortcut name -> Enter.)

Yea, but just image... Do you want restore your windows-folder shortcuts, or just replace 'Keywords.xml' .. for example. What if you have 500 apps installed. Do you want create all the shortcuts in 'C:\Windows'?

Of course I see your points, but I also have arguments ;).

Yea, but just image... Do you want restore your windows-folder shortcuts, or just replace 'Keywords.xml' .. for example. What if you have 500 apps installed. Do you want create all the shortcuts in 'C:\Windows'?

Of course I see your points, but I also have arguments

You can make a folder with shortcuts and add that to the "path" environment variable. You don't need to dump it all in your Windows folder.

But yes, it requires more work then your solution.... though I am not like *wow*.

It is a good idea, but as others have pointed out, there are other solutions for this - although they seem to require more work.

On the other hand, good work! Creative programming is good, keep it up.

• 5 years later...