So I got an Intel Mac

You can certainly tell when an app is running under Rosetta and when its native cant you. Might be just down to the frame rate of the 3gp video though. Nice vid btw matey.

Yeah. There seemed to be a lot of lag with screen redraw with apps running under Rosetta.

Simon, I'm guessing you used a PC before this iMac? What are your PC's specs and do you feel that the iMac is faster than your PC?

Yeah my pc is over there (<--) :D

It's an Athlon 64 3500 w/1gb and a 6800GT. Desktop performance is about the same to be honest (well for native Intel apps at least). The slowdown comes from me not knowing how to do things in OS X :laugh:

I've not bothered trying any games, as they all need Rosetta and I feel that is probably asking a little much!

Yeah my pc is over there (<--) :D

It's an Athlon 64 3500 w/1gb and a 6800GT. Desktop performance is about the same to be honest (well for native Intel apps at least). The slowdown comes from me not knowing how to do things in OS X :laugh:

I've not bothered trying any games, as they all need Rosetta and I feel that is probably asking a little much!

Cheers. Congratulations, by the way. :)

The speed of window resizing and drawing in native Intel apps is a vast improvement from every G5 system I've used. I wonder if they've enabled Quartz 2D Extreme on these new Macs?

Simon:

You should look up some of the keyboard shortcuts for OSX - most people don't realize how much of a keyboard-intensive environment it is (if you want to go relatively fast). I had a friend who has used Macs for about 5 years and didn't know about CMD-TAB. I showed her and she was extremely excited - I guess she had always used the Dock to switch, and Window pulldown menu to switch windows.