Smooth Alternative, Longhorn Alternative Revived

What do you mean? It has a minimize button on it. If there is a bug, post a screenshot of it, make sure you host it on ImageShack though.

Is it possible that I don't have a minimize button on this theme? I'm using the beta 2 and have the latest wb 5 installed.

Looks like Beta 3 may be on devart. I also downloaded the Styler toolbar. Great update by the way. Any chance the bottom shellstyle can be thinner?

There has been some uploads. I have uploaded the BETA 3 version of the skin. I have also added links to the Wallpapers from LhA, an ObjectDock skin, the StylerToolbar skin, and the DesktopX calendar.

Edited by 6XGate

hi, i`m definitely loving this skin, thanks.

but - again two requests

1. Rollup - still not fixed for me - still needs to be a little lower, as you can see, it is the same badrollup29hz.png

though the skin HAS been updated (i deleted beta 2 and only then installed) because the upper taskbar now works correctly.

2. lower shellstyle - can that be made an option? because i use another styler toolbar and i actually liked the upper shellstyle.

all in all - a skin i really enjoy using, thank you!

[edit] - when i try your styler`s toolbar - i get the upper black band but it is empty of extra icons :(

Edited by alianyn

1. This can not be fixed by me, it is kind of a bug of WindowBlinds

2. Not without over using substyles, something I am avoiding, also I never got permission from Kol to use the layout file, and since I can't seem to get in touch with him, I've opted not to use it until I do. When I do, I'll make an option to import the top shellstyle over the current one. Please be paitent I am still trying to contact alot of folks right now.

3. You need to upgrade Styler to 1.38.

hi, i`m definitely loving this skin, thanks.

but - again two requests

1. Rollup - still not fixed for me - still needs to be a little lower, as you can see, it is the same badrollup29hz.png

though the skin HAS been updated (i deleted beta 2 and only then installed) because the upper taskbar now works correctly.

2. lower shellstyle - can that be made an option? because i use another styler toolbar and i actually liked the upper shellstyle.

all in all - a skin i really enjoy using, thank you!

[edit] - when i try your styler`s toolbar - i get the upper black band but it is empty of extra icons :(

Edited by 6XGate

hm this is a great start for the new year, tho it's almost february, i think its the nicest skin ive seen in years..especially with the styler toolbar :)

hope lots of people jump of the Vista bandwagon, and join the Smooth Alternative one :p

This is one of the skins that i'm working on to match the Smooth Alternative Windowblinds skin:

smoothalternativelight9fe.png

Smooth Alternative Light

I'm working on a Dark version aswell. :)

is playlist getting skinned?

Yep.

And when there is a beta of the dark version, I'm going to update my dark version to ^^

Check the January Desktop thread for a screenshot of the updated light verion :)

Capric0rn, what graphics programs do you have?

Well folks, I have just finished up the new button graphics for Smooth Alternative, with all the original glyphs, plus many brand new ones. I will be using this file to soon make the Y'z Toolbar them, and hopefully the WindowBlinds Toolbar theme that will be released in the RC.

Just wanna give you props for putting this theme out there...There just haven't been nearly as many good themes released as I expected since WB5 came out...I hope yours is a sign of things to come...

Hey folks, I just posted the LogonStudio skin for Smooth Alternative. It's a convertion of the LhA logonui.exe file to Stardock's LogonStudio. It was originally by pAntoni, and I have changed the background to the Flow background from the Smooth Alternative Wallpaper Pack.

Hey, 6XGate, I didn't really know to post this, so hear it goes: The font in your pic is kinda messy and not really as clear as others, (Segoe UI, Verdana, Tahoma) so I was wondering if you were thinking of changing the font for other releases?

Capric0rn, what graphics programs do you have?

Well folks, I have just finished up the new button graphics for Smooth Alternative, with all the original glyphs, plus many brand new ones. I will be using this file to soon make the Y'z Toolbar them, and hopefully the WindowBlinds Toolbar theme that will be released in the RC.

I've got Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop :)

The font is Tahoma... the problem is a bug in WB5's per-pixel borders. I have already found a way to fix it, but Stardock still needs to correct the problem with WB.

Hey, 6XGate, I didn't really know to post this, so hear it goes: The font in your pic is kinda messy and not really as clear as others, (Segoe UI, Verdana, Tahoma) so I was wondering if you were thinking of changing the font for other releases?

Yay!! We have a release canidate for the WindowBlinds skin. This one includes toolbar button skin, fixed the title fonts, thinner shellstyle, and corrected all the remaining start button issues.

I've also uploaded a new LogonStudio skin which corrects the bold facing on the Smooth Alternative title, not a bix issue that one. I hope to soon release a BootSkin and Y'z Toolbar Skin. I'm also about to start work on the one think I've been asked for the most before I restart LhA... the Firefox skin.

I've updated my winamp skin to :)

smoothalternativelight7is.jpg

I like the new update very much!

Finnaly I have the right startbutton :D

Edited by Capric0rn