Eriksson to quit England after world cup.

:wacko:

after all that talk and rumors-it becomes true. in a way i dont know if this is good or bad for england.

its good to see him go after his big pay cheques and for his stupid decisions during matches. but bad -since who can replace him-and do a good job.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4641682.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4641744.stm

well after all that crap in the "News of the world" paper maybe he decided it was time for him to go. the FA etc say it was a mutual agreement. :/

i think england are gonna get knocked out in the early stages this summer- since eriksson wont give a monkeys.

I for one an sorry to see Eriksson leave. Ok he has had his fare share of bad (thank you news of the world) press but he has been a brilliant manager for england (5-1 in munich anyone?). Although Stuart Pearce is doing very well at the moment i don't think he has enough experience to be englands next manager, eventually he will take that role but not at the moment. I would be quite happy to see another foreign manager if we can get the same kind of results as Eriksson got dor us.

P.s am i the only one who thinks News of the World were out of order? We are so close to the world cup the last thing we need is something like this to come out of the woodwork, we should be supporting our team in the run up to the world cup not creating negative press about them.

Thank god for this. He made the England team almost robotic. The free flow which I saw in the time of Bobby Robson during the Italia 90 world cup has almost gone from the England team. He made the team to think about the the technical side alot and made them forgot the basic free flow rhythm of play.

Thank god:)

Sven has done well for England overall, but he has been in charge for a while now and we need a change. I think everyone has become dissillussioned with his style of management, so we needed a change. I think that this whole News Of The World stuff is a conspiracy just to get rid of him without paying him for the last two years of his contract.

Sam Allardyce, Stuart Pearce or Steve McLaren will probably get the job.

If he doesn't win the world cup, he'd be under a lot of pressure to leave anyways.

Persoanlly, I don't give a crap, the media are placing way too much emphisis on this.

I heard that Luis Felipe Scolari (from Brazil) would be the next English coach.

For those who dont know who Mr. Scolari is, he is the actual world cup champion(with BR) coach and actually he is with Portugal National team (which he helped to be in the last Euro final, and managed to qualify PT to the WC06).

My personal view on him; he is one of the bests coach actually in the world football and if he put his hands on the English team for sure they will LOTS of titles together.

He won't be leading England in 2006.

Sven is only interested in #1 and bucket loads of 'tax-free' cash.

He has been caught with his pants down toooooo many times.

Best post 1966 manager we had was Bobby Robson. Post Bobby Robson, Terry Venables.

We need a manager that has played for England. We need a manager that has passion. We need a manager that doesn't go knobing P.A.'s at the FA HQ.

Stuart 'Psyco' Pearce, with TV as his assistant.

I also think Stuart 'Psycho' Pearce would be an excellent choice but don't forget this is his first full season and needs more time to prove hes got the ability to perform domestically first. My choice would be Sam Alladyce or Alan Curbishley, i don't really want another foriegn manager. Anyhow it doesn't really matter who we appoint they will be hounded yet again by the gutter press.

More rumors arising of Guus Hiddink, Paul Jewell (Wigan Athletic) and Alan Shearer as possible choices.

I dont think Paul Jewell or Alan Shearer will want the job, Shearer has had no experience and is still playing football. Jewell is having a very successful time at Wigan and I dont think he will want to leave... Guus Hiddink clearly wants the job but I dont think we should offer him it, I think we need a English manager.

Personally I think Alan Curbishley will get the job, failing that Sam Allardyce.