Neowin Runners!

Who else here is a runner? From the 55m indoor dash, to the 26.2 mile marathon, running has been apart of peoples lives for thousands of years. Did you know the first marathon was run during the Ancient Greek times when a runner had to run 26.2 miles to report the news of a oncoming battle.

I'm a 1600m (mile) runner for the most part. My fastest time is 4:50

When I get older, I want to qualift and run the Boston Marathon

Yeah, I knew that actually :) It's pretty interesting! Alexander the Great also competed in track in the Olympics, if I correctly remember hearing that little fact.

I run the 400, sometimes the 200. PR's of 49.91 (400) and 22.97 (200). I only run the open 200 in summer track, though.

Up until last year I used to do the 100 and 200m sprint in the Disabled athletics scene, I won literally a bucket load of medals and a national record. I'm very proud but due to work commitments and other stuff I decided to give it up. Hoping to get back into it one day.

I'm OK in short runs and now I'm working on slightly longer distances... As of now I really suck but I'm working on it :)

Anyway there's this few miles race in March coming up so that's my goal for now :p

I have great speed stemming from my light weight and long legs....it's a shame I could never harness it over long distances. I can do about 100 yard dash and I'm basically done.

I'm a 1600m (mile) runner for the most part. My fastest time is 4:50

When I get older, I want to qualift and run the Boston Marathon

Wow, I can barely go maybe 100m withoth chocking. Running has always been hard on me :no: . Although I can PowerWalk for miles, but when running I just seem to loose my breath...

Any tips?

• Like 1

I ran the 100m in 11.5 secs when 18, and jumped 4.39m when 12. Can fart for England now but cannot run too far.

Wow, I can barely go maybe 100m withoth chocking. Running has always been hard on me :no: . Although I can PowerWalk for miles, but when running I just seem to loose my breath...

Any tips?

well start slow. Start doing 2-3 miles at a comfertable pace. After a week of doing this either every day, or every other day, pick it up to 3-4, then 4-5 miles the week after.

After that, slowly start picking up the pace but not too fast where you can't maintain it throughout the entire run

well start slow. Start doing 2-3 miles at a comfertable pace. After a week of doing this either every day, or every other day, pick it up to 3-4, then 4-5 miles the week after.

After that, slowly start picking up the pace but not too fast where you can't maintain it throughout the entire run

What would be a confortable pace? Jogging really slowly :p I'll take your advice to it. Is there any preferable time in day for practicing? Morning, Noon, night? Or which ever fits me best? Because i've tried in the morning and it's hard enough for me to get up at 6am and go to the university :pinch: let alone wake earlier for jogging :sleep:

• Like 1

Up until last year I used to do the 100 and 200m sprint in the Disabled athletics scene, I won literally a bucket load of medals and a national record. I'm very proud but due to work commitments and other stuff I decided to give it up. Hoping to get back into it one day.

Wow, that's quite an accomplishment! :)

What would be a confortable pace? Jogging really slowly :p I'll take your advice to it. Is there any preferable time in day for practicing? Morning, Noon, night? Or which ever fits me best? Because i've tried in the morning and it's hard enough for me to get up at 6am and go to the university :pinch: let alone wake earlier for jogging :sleep:

Well start at like a 9-10 min per mile pace, just a pace where you arent breathing extrely hard, but not just a normal breathe pattern. As 2 weeks pass, try picking up the pace a bit

I love to run in the afternoons or night. Actually some of my favorite runs are during sundown or beginning of night before the cold sets in.

1600m isnt equal to 1 mile. ;)

fine 1609m is a mile.. jeez