Got my new LCD widescreen

Why one that doesn't support 1080p? Still a nice TV, but I just figure you're selling yourself a little short (in the future).

1080p broadcasts are still a long way off. There's really no need to get a 1080p set now JUST for hd-dvd and blu ray (I don't see Joel playing ps3 hardcore, if at all).

1080p broadcasts are still a long way off. There's really no need to get a 1080p set now JUST for hd-dvd and blu ray (I don't see Joel playing ps3 hardcore, if at all).

I know. I was just looking for a reason why not to shell the extra few dollars for the higher definition. By few extra dollars, thats in comparison to the already outstanding price of the TV. Just a thought.

Why one that doesn't support 1080p? Still a nice TV, but I just figure you're selling yourself a little short (in the future).

No real need for me. I don't plan on having anything that will support it for a while.

Yup, no Sony consoles here. :p

BTW, for whoever asked, it was $1949 CAD.

No real need for me. I don't plan on having anything that will support it for a while.

Yup, no Sony consoles here. :p

TBH, I don't think missing a 1080p matter that much (or at all) on a 1366 x 768 panel.

It handles 768p and thats all it really needs.

Anything more is just catalogue spec.

I was going to buy the 06 version (speakers at the bottom) of this screen but I decided to wait till end of March/early April for the D40U series. I've been itching to get one already...I keep passing by Best Buy thinking I'm just going to pull the trigger and get it over with but the specs on the new series are key for me (higher contrast ratio and dual hdmi - I would spend $299 on hdmi switcher alone if I buy now).

It's a great screen though...friend loves his and how great his systems run on it

TBH, I don't think missing a 1080p matter that much (or at all) on a 1366 x 768 panel.

It handles 768p and thats all it really needs.

Anything more is just catalogue spec.

Exactly. Unless you are getting a television that is 55"+ you aren't going to need all that extra resolution.