Car trouble

Get a used 88-90 Toyota Camary with decent millage (150k if you can find it). Should go for around $2500, and last you for at least 3-4 years.

Old Hondas will last you if you treat them well too. But stay away from used 1980s and 90s American cars, they are terrible, regardless of how cheap you might be able to find them.

late 80's oldsmobiles last FOREVER... mine died at well over 250k and i coulda fixed it.. but i found a car for $200 so i bought that one instead...

right now i am about to but a '91 pontiac sunbird convertable with 100k for $2350

holy chistmas kid, that isn't cheap... i am 19 and scraping for money to buy a car, so when you say cheap but decent, i think that you don't car what it looks like as long as it gets you around...

drop your price range by half, buy 2 of whatever you get, and give me one....

Originally posted by mick0142

holy chistmas kid, that isn't cheap... i am 19 and scraping for money to buy a car, so when you say cheap but decent, i think that you don't car what it looks like as long as it gets you around...

drop your price range by half, buy 2 of whatever you get, and give me one....

lol....my range just dropped 5 grand becasue my dad just said he doesnt want to spend too much

schniekes, i wasn't thinking 17-21k either, lol.

a lot of younger people are buying saturns these days, aren't they? pretty cheap, durable, effiecient, last long, etc.

Originally posted by BroChaos

schniekes, i wasn't thinking 17-21k either, lol.

a lot of younger people are buying saturns these days, aren't they? pretty cheap, durable, effiecient, last long, etc.

yeah but im a spoiled jap (jewish american prince)...its sad

:o

I now hate you in so many ways. But with that much...hmm...get a Subaru Impreza 2.5 (or WRX if your state sells them cheaper than mine). 4 wheel drive is king.

Or, a Civic Si. Or a Mustang. Really, you have a lot of options now. You could get a used Corvette in that range, or just about any nice sport Jap/Euro car a few years old if you look hard enough.

Damn, when I get out of college, I'm going to have $20k + in student loans to pay off and I'll need a car. I triple appreciate the fact that I have one for the next 2 weeks still :p

"a spoiled jap", eh? i would say get a civic, and take the rest of the money, lower the hell out of it, take out all remnants of suspension, new rims, colored windows, a sticker of some tribal indian design in the back, a flame kit for your muffler, a pink fluffy wheel cover, then drive like you are angry, i tried it once, but i just got my ass kicked...

***this was all me just joking around, do not take offense to any of it. i was not being racist either, because around here you see people of all races doing this to their cars.. i just think it is stupid to make your car LOOK like it will go fast.. then you are asking for a ticket... put some money into a real car like a '68 mustang... now those had BALLS***

i am (again) with threetonesun... i am lucky to have scraped enough money together so i can get a car so i can actually make it to the school.

(my current POS won't make it 1/3 of the distance i guarantee it)

Starts chanting *Subaru, Subaru*

I've got a soft spot for them. Check out www.swrt.com to see why. The old model 2.5s are nice, and if you get the back issues of Sports Compact Car you can jack the thing up to 400+ hp and arbout 350 torque. You will need to have your own car shop for this, and maintain your car daily, but once again www.swrt.com to see why it's worth it.

Originally posted by mick0142

i am (again) with threetonesun... i am lucky to have scraped enough money together so i can get a car so i can actually make it to the school.

(my current POS won't make it 1/3 of the distance i guarantee it)

I don't even have my own car. I borrow one from my parents during the summer. It's a damn good thing we all commute, otherwise I might not have gotten a car at all :s

Lol...but I don't have to worry about making it to school, one of my parents will drop me off. Thank God I go to school in a city...maybe you should think about that man, $17k will buy you a lot of subway tokens :p