Xbox360 and Linksys Wireless USB Adapter

I've decided to order the official xbox 360 adaptor. :)

Have you tried that LinkSys USB Adapter? I really think the Xbox 360 Adapter, althogh an excellent product, is severely overpriced. If you don't have an 802.11a Wireless Network (ideal for HD content streams), then I strongly suggest getting the older Xbox 1 Wireless Network Adapter (you can usually find it on eBay for fairly cheap) and hooking that up to your Xbox 360. That's what I use and it works flawlessly. :)

I've decided to order the official xbox 360 adaptor. :)

I personally say good idea.

Better to be safe than sorry with this type of stuff.

Just in case you do need to know something else in the future on the network, here is the link to officially supported routers, bridges, etc. for the 360 itself straight from the horses mouth.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/connect/routerlanding.htm

Have you tried that LinkSys USB Adapter? I really think the Xbox 360 Adapter, althogh an excellent product, is severely overpriced. If you don't have an 802.11a Wireless Network (ideal for HD content streams), then I strongly suggest getting the older Xbox 1 Wireless Network Adapter (you can usually find it on eBay for fairly cheap) and hooking that up to your Xbox 360. That's what I use and it works flawlessly. :)

Not tried it as nothing has arrived yet. I've ordered both so i might try the Linksys USB adaptor first if it's quick and easy to get working(i don't want any hassle with drivers etc). I agree the official adaptor is over priced though.

I personally say good idea.

Better to be safe than sorry with this type of stuff.

Just in case you do need to know something else in the future on the network, here is the link to officially supported routers, bridges, etc. for the 360 itself straight from the horses mouth.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/connect/routerlanding.htm

Thanks for the link, luckily i'd already seen it from which i made sure my router will be compatible (WRT54GS)

I'm looking forward to using Xbox live as i've not used that to play games yet!

Awesome!

Is that the faster one, like 52MB/s or something on LAN?

There are two types aren't there?

I believe this is what i've ordered. WRT54GS

I think it's the one your talking about.

Just bought that package, collecting it tomorrow.

Will report back , :p

Then you can help me set mine up when u have sussed it out :p. Not expecting mine delivered for a few days yet!

You're gonna love it! :D What games do you have for Live?

PGR3 and Perfect Dark. I'm having difficulty getting used to the control system for a FPS as i'm so used to the PC's mouse and keyboard, which i prefer.

PGR3 and Perfect Dark. I'm having difficulty getting used to the control system for a FPS as i'm so used to the PC's mouse and keyboard, which i prefer.

I'm sorry to say, but Perfect Dark Zero should not be your first console-based FPS, as the general consensus with PDZ is that the aiming system is overly difficult as compared to other FPS (e.g: Halo/2, CoD2). I'd highly recommend getting used the the aiming system in Halo 2 as it is the best for current FPS especially in a multiplayer environment. If you'd rather get an Xbox 360 game, then I'd strongly recommend CoD2 as it's aiming system is a happy medium between PDZ and Halo 2.

Ideally, the best way to gradually merge your skills from a PC FPS to a console-based FPS (besides using a console controller on a PC FPS to get used to it) is to master your aiming skills in Halo 2, then move on to CoD2 and finally on to PDZ as PDZ aiming is by far the hardest. I assure you following these steps will result in a much less frustrating and overall more enjoyable console FPS experience. :)

If you need an explanation on why this is, feel free to ask as I've played all of the above (including several PC FPS) and can explain for you the differences, ranging from the minute to the obvious.

My 2? :whistle::

Thanks for the advice. i actually bought Halo2 for Xbox 1 but never played it as i bought Battlefield 2 for PC at the same time!

But will try it out :)

I'm sorry to say, but Perfect Dark Zero should not be your first console-based FPS, as the general consensus with PDZ is that the aiming system is overly difficult as compared to other FPS (e.g: Halo/2, CoD2). I'd highly recommend getting used the the aiming system in Halo 2 as it is the best for current FPS especially in a multiplayer environment. If you'd rather get an Xbox 360 game, then I'd strongly recommend CoD2 as it's aiming system is a happy medium between PDZ and Halo 2.

Ideally, the best way to gradually merge your skills from a PC FPS to a console-based FPS (besides using a console controller on a PC FPS to get used to it) is to master your aiming skills in Halo 2, then move on to CoD2 and finally on to PDZ as PDZ aiming is by far the hardest. I assure you following these steps will result in a much less frustrating and overall more enjoyable console FPS experience. :)

If you need an explanation on why this is, feel free to ask as I've played all of the above (including several PC FPS) and can explain for you the differences, ranging from the minute to the obvious.

My 2? :whistle::

You were right about PDZ on multiplayer, Halo2 is a better choice.:))

I hope Battlefield will be good.

• 1 year later...

i got a linksys WRT54GS and jus wanned to ask is it compatible with the xbox 360 wen usin live?

im planning to plug a wireless adapter into the 360and connecting it that way so will it work?

i got a linksys WRT54GS and jus wanned to ask is it compatible with the xbox 360 wen usin live?

im planning to plug a wireless adapter into the 360and connecting it that way so will it work?

Yes it will, but you probably won't see the advertised "Speed Boost" unless you get a "Speed Boost" compatible device to connect the 360, it will connect at standard speeds.