TopDesk Offers Flip3D For XP -- Similar To Vista's

Wow they made it a lot better than the last time I tried it. It's really smooth for me. It handles minimized windows SO well, especially when it is restored from minimized. Not even OSX can do expose with minimized windows (to my knowledge... maybe they updated it in the newer versions.)

The effects are nice and all and it runs very smoothly.

I seriously DO NOT recomend alt-tabbing while you're playing a game though. It completely messed things up for a minute.

Nice, but not worth the buy...

This is ****ing awesome! I just tried it out and it runs amazingly!

Kudos to Otaku Software for executing this so well.

Someone screenshot this with a transparent WB5 theme. I would like to know if the transparancy is maintained while fliping thru windows. Which i highly doubt it is.

If it isnt then ill also state that vista's flip 3d is live. What does that mean? that means if someone is is instant messaging you or your playing a game it continues to update in the flipped state and the changes are reflected in the flipped state.

You can set it to update the screenshots it displays of the windows, and it works for stuff like instant messaging, but i havent tried it with games. It is surprisingly fast though.

found an ugly bug. Go to flip 3d mode then right click. It will close all open windows.

Yep, of course I had to try it after you said it, and sure enough -- all windows gone. I find this app to be quite useful.

Great piece of software. Runs very well on this system. :yes:

(While quickly browsing through the comments made about TopDesk on sites other than Neowin, I find the usual Apple loyalists bitching about 'omg you windoze ppl copied this from apple' and that crap. :rolleyes: Best example is this.)

Great piece of software. Runs very well on this system. :yes:

(While quickly browsing through the comments made about TopDesk on sites other than Neowin, I find the usual Apple loyalists bitching about 'omg you windoze ppl copied this from apple' and that crap. :rolleyes: Best example is this.)

he should be thankful that a alternitive is now avaible on windows...I've been looking for something like those FOREVER...now they finally offer it...

Good show guys (Y)

• 2 weeks later...

500kb+ image, nice.

Otaku software has that image on the front page of their site as well

This software is crap. Nothing works.

What was the point of saying that? If you want help, you could give some more information and maybe someone will be able to tell you why it's not working for you, but just saying it's crap isn't gonna help much!

Edited by macro

What was the point of saying that? If you want help, you could give some more information and maybe someone will be able to tell you why it's not working for you, but just saying it's crap isn't gonna help much!

Yeah, probably.

When doing the tiling applications, the only window that it renders is winamp. All the others are invisible...

nice....but Vista has this functioanality built in. so it requires virtually no resources.

this is an addon to xp. its changing it and modifing from wha ###### should reallyrun like.

but nice find. im gonna give this a try.

Virtually no resources that you wont ever notice how much they take =P

Heh..yeah. It gets lost with all the Window processes. Anyone know of an application that allows tilting of images (just tilting) I know of several programs that have tilting along with everything else. But I just want a way to tilt some windows off to the side so I can see them.

The other software you guys might want to check out is called Entbloess.

TopDesk used to be just a program with the same set of features as that program...that being a program to clone the Mac OS expose feature.

Entbloess isn't free, but a software worth trying out nonetheless.