Merging connections

I have 2 modems and 2 isp's so itried to connect with both of them at the same time but only the second one i connect with is operational(only one of the 2 icons in tskabar is flashing). :( Is it possible to merge them so that they work together at the same time? There will be significant bandwidth increase right? plz help!

Yes it is possible to have two connections working together but not the way you're doing it.

You need an ISP that supports multiple connections and unfortunately not many do you will then have to connect via the same dial-up connection there is a setting to enable additional devices, and you connect with one and then you can connect with the second and it will give you one connection in the bottom right hand side of your screen which will be a total speed of the two connections added together. Diamond did bring out a technology that would allow this a slightly different way but it never taken off unfortunately.

I have managed to get it to work a few times about 12 months ago but it was never twice as fast unfortunately.