New PowerMac and eMac features

nice avatar...

does anyone with broadband have any actual use for a modem with their macs other than a nice backup to have??

when pricing a tower, I usually take out the modem since it wont be portable like my iBook. any reason why this would be a bad idea??

Originally posted by cerbero

Also the eMac has a combo drive. I bought the CD-RW one a week before the new introductions for the same price. Lost like $100 there :disappoin:mad:

We know this from previous posts, the eMac has had a combo drive since 17th July buy they upgraded it to a Superdrive on Tuesday

Originally posted by cerbero

Also the eMac has a combo drive. I bought the CD-RW one a week before the new introductions for the same price. Lost like $100 there :disappoin:mad:

You mean a Super Drive right? A Super drive burnds both CDs and DVDs. I'm hoping you have the Combo Drive, CD-RW/DVD.

Originally posted by GatorZx2

You mean a Super Drive right? A Super drive burnds both CDs and DVDs. I'm hoping you have the Combo Drive, CD-RW/DVD.

No I mean a combo drive. A DVD player/CD burner. It seems it is now the standard optical unit for the lower-end eMac. Check the Apple Store. Mine came with just the plain CD-RW unit. It burns CD-R in 24x, but I would rather have had a DVD player for that price too :ermm: