iPhoto in the UK

I'm about to buy a digital camera and I was wondering about the state of online printing services via iPhoto.

I know in Windows XP one of the companies who will print your photos are kodak and afaik, kodak print iPhoto images in the US right?

I'm wondering can you get individual images printed or do you have to order a book each time? (If it's available in the UK that is!)

Or, even better, would my printer be able to print at a decent quality? I have a HP 959c which has 2400 x 1200 dpi and the potential camera is a Sony Cybershot.

The printer has a Photo tray as well seperate from the standard paper tray. Does OS X recognise this tray? Or is there just the standard printing drivers included.

HP 959c

look like ars is more help at the moment ;)

post looked sad, all alone

BTW just got a credit card with a ?2k limit

won't blow it all on tech goodness though:ss

--

unspec

Originally posted by Dazzla

I'm about to buy a digital camera and I was wondering about the state of online printing services via iPhoto.

I know in Windows XP one of the companies who will print your photos are kodak and afaik, kodak print iPhoto images in the US right?

I'm wondering can you get individual images printed or do you have to order a book each time? (If it's available in the UK that is!)

Or, even better, would my printer be able to print at a decent quality? I have a HP 959c which has 2400 x 1200 dpi and the potential camera is a Sony Cybershot.

The printer has a Photo tray as well seperate from the standard paper tray. Does OS X recognise this tray? Or is there just the standard printing drivers included.

HP 959c

I dont think its going to be available in the uk until the next update of iphoto after jag is released

Yeah, I've posted this on 4 different forums, all with different replies.

I've downloaded the latest drivers for the printer, but OS X doesn't support custom paper sizes. I can't for the love of god remember if Jag did. I had it installed and didn't bother to check :cross:

Worst case scenario, when I do print images, I'll either get them printed at a shop in town, or online. Or, I use VPC:

HP.gif

That is pretty foolproof.

To be honest, I won't be doing much printing at all, just nice to know I have the option.

online printing services in the UK seem to be limited at the moment....... but one possible route you could take is Boots the Chemist do in some of the larger branches offer a Digital printing service ( prints can be taken off either Smart media card, Zip disk, floppy, CDROM ) the prints are then printed using the latest Fuji Digital Laser printers the quality is superb,

I did some awhile ago, copied the pic file in a few different formats just incase some didnt work, I found that the machines read PS .psd files ok plus seem to give the better results proberbly due to larger file size thus more info.