Olympics: Norway and Germany off to a quick start

Norway 0-gold 2-silver 2-bronze = 4 medals

Germany 2-gold 0-silver 0-bronze = 2 medals

Six nations are tied with one medal each. Of those, the U.S.A. and Canada are the only ones that won a gold.

Update:

Pos. Country Gold Silver Bronze Total

1. United States 4 2 0 6

2. Russia 2 3 1 6

3. Germany 2 0 1 3

4. Norway 1 3 4 8

5. Netherlands 1 2 0 3

6. South Korea 1 1 1 3

7. Italy 1 0 2 3

8. Canada 1 0 1 2

8. France 1 0 1 2

10. Estonia 1 0 0 1

11. Austria 0 2 0 2

12. Finland 0 1 1 2

13. Czech Republic 0 1 0 1

14. China 0 0 1 1

14. Latvia 0 0 1 1

14. Switzerland 0 0 1 1

Total 15 15 15 45

060211_heil5_300.jpg

Jennifer Heil of Canada reacts when the score is announced as she wins the gold medal in the finals Women's Moguls at Sauze d'Oulx, Italy, Saturday Feb. 11, 2006.
Edited by fred666

You decide the rank by looking at the number of Gold medals, not the total amount of medals. The Canadian media just uses the total medal count because Canadians rarely get Gold.

:/

The Globe and Mail does it one way and the Toronto Star does it the other way.

Had I used the Globe's system, Canada would be tied for 2nd rather than tied for 3rd.

We have gotten snow here in Norway the whole year... :D

Thats why we are so good/superior in the olympics.

Go Norway, Ole Einar Bj?rndalen is the greatest:woot::

The men's downhill had quite the amazing ending.

I don't know if it's just me, but of those I have seen competing (as in not from the Parade of Nations), I have only seen Canada and the U.S. from the Western Hemisphere, only Japan from Asia and Oceania, no African nations, no Luxembourg, Spain, Portugal, Poland, Finland, Denmark, United Kingdom, Ireland, Hungary, Romania, Greece, any Slavic nations, Albania, Estonia, or Lithuania. Many nations would be quite obvious, when we consider that Africa isn't a top winter location, but why no UK, China, Denmark, or Finland?

I don't know if it's just me, but of those I have seen competing (as in not from the Parade of Nations), I have only seen Canada and the U.S. from the Western Hemisphere, only Japan from Asia and Oceania, no African nations, no Luxembourg, Spain, Portugal, Poland, Finland, Denmark, United Kingdom, Ireland, Hungary, Romania, Greece, any Slavic nations, Albania, Estonia, or Lithuania. Many nations would be quite obvious, when we consider that Africa isn't a top winter location, but why no UK, China, Denmark, or Finland?

games just started..you will get to see them all. in any case you just dont notice those countries. for example estonia won gold today in cross country i think.

anyway i am glad norway is doing so good with medals :D germany could do better!

Jennifer Heil victory was amazing....she is so good!

and becky scott...i hate her.

amazing how womens hockey team crushed russia today :yes: