pc to Samsung DLP

ok guys I hook up my windows xp sp2 (if it matters) PC to my 50" Samsung DLP TV through a DVI, and it gives me two modes for picture to choose from, first "PC" and it has black bars all around (picture is supposed to take 80% of the screen in this mode) the onter is "Wide" and it has picture going outside the edges of the screen, so like I don't see the whole taskbar and the same for all four sides of the picture. I set my resolution to 720p, which is TV's native resolution to which it would convert anything that's not 720p.

Is there no way to make a picture a perfect fit? I heard of a probram that would let you manually enter wiered resolutions, but that only works in desktop mode, not in games, so I ain't even gonna bother with that. Does there exist a good solution for this?

The set should have a VGA input on it, no? It's best to simpyl use the vGA input. We did it at work for a while and the desktop filled the screen fine. Remember, though, your video card must also be able to support the resolution.

When I was trying to hook up my PC to my hdtv i read about something called 'overscan'. I don't know why it happens, but apparently HDTVs like to display the image from a PC larger than the screen. If you have an nVidia graphics card, their new drivers can compensate for this with what's called 'underscan', where it essentially adjusts the resolution so that the entire desktop fits on your screen.

The set should have a VGA input on it, no? It's best to simpyl use the vGA input. We did it at work for a while and the desktop filled the screen fine. Remember, though, your video card must also be able to support the resolution.

well VGA input produces the same thing, and I dunno what you mean by support other than gforce 6600GT does support 1280x720.

When I was trying to hook up my PC to my hdtv i read about something called 'overscan'. I don't know why it happens, but apparently HDTVs like to display the image from a PC larger than the screen. If you have an nVidia graphics card, their new drivers can compensate for this with what's called 'underscan', where it essentially adjusts the resolution so that the entire desktop fits on your screen.

oooh this is good, but where is this underscan option? I don't see anything like that, I have the latest NV drivers from their site.