AutoPatcher XP February 2006

Why does the title not say this is only an update ?

Why do the inline images not work (an URL link is displayed instead) ?

Regards,

xerces8

Edit : Aha, now the pics are OK. It seems they are wrong only when not logged in.

1.) What has happened to Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (910620)

A sugestion... How about a Full version every other month, and an update version after each full release?

There is quite alot of updates that should be added to the full version, like the latest Hive cleanup 1.6, the new DirectX Feb version, Windows XP Video Decoder Checkup, Update for Windows XP (KB885222 v2), Microsoft RAW Image Thumbnailer and Viewer for Windows XP.

There are probably alot more updates to what was included in the December Full version.

I am worried about the missing update (910620), also, any answers on any of my other points?

sorry my first post is a little negative for such a brilliant service but:

the info you show under hashes seems wrong.

the md5 hash you show for the January update gives a positive result for the February download.

Hashes

English February 2006 Update File Size: 19.2 MB (20138246 bytes)

English January 2006 Update MD5 Hash: 56261F4F3F075392093B8E6937D6D972

Thanks for such a great program again. I would like to host the February release if I may.

http://www.y2kcs.net/APXP/February/AutoPat...2006_Update.exe

Thanks

/EZ

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (910620)

Affected Components:

? Internet Explorer 5.01 Service Pack 4 on Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 4Non-Affected Software:i>

? Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1 and Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2

@TheTOM_SK - That should be implemented in the Autopatcher 2000 February relesase. This is the Autopatcher XP forum.

/EZ

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (910620)

Affected Components:

? Internet Explorer 5.01 Service Pack 4 on Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 4Non-Affected Software:i>

? Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1 and Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2

What I have been asking is why is it not included in the Feb Update of Autopatcher, it is a critical update, I'm curious as to why it is missing?

I love the way you get ignored in this for:rolleyes:yes:

What I have been asking is why is it not included in the Feb Update of Autopatcher, it is a critical update, I'm curious as to why it is missing?

I love the way you get ignored in this forum :rolleyes:

because it doesnt apply! notice that it only applies to windows 2000 SP4 running IE 5.01. Windows XP SP1/2 are under the heading "non-affected" !!!

I have had no problems with all Autopatcher releases through and including Update for Windows XP, January 2006 release.

This is what happened after installing Autoatcher 5.1 Windows XP Update for February 2006.

(1) Installed with no problems.

(2) Never got an icon on my desktop.

(3) The Autopatcher never installed a program group.

(4) I ran Autopatcher from the ...\PROGRAM FILES\AUTOPATCHER directory.

(5) The AP 5.1 Window comes up and I get nothing displayed. The butons are blank, no text on them.

(6) I clicked on the left BLANK button and AP gave a Module Panic error on Sun Java 1.5_06 saying I am running Windows XP Professional (Locale 1033) + IE6. Parent or Prerequisite Item Missing.

I am running Windows XP with SP2 plus Autopatcher updates through January 2006. I have .NET 2.0 installed in case that's an issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gary

Gary, did you install this Feb06 update over an existing installation ?

Because if you did, there's no reason for it to create the icon, etc. - It's should already be there.

The "Update" release simply adds/updates some file in a formerly-installed AP folder.

AP team: Maybe detect & report that elaborately upon update installation itself? Not everyone browses this forums appearantly... ;)

Hi maxkohl,

You are correct. I always installed the full patcher, applied the patches, then deleted the patcher. January was my first update and I don't recall having the full version preinstalled. Is it possible that the January Update worked differently from the February one in that it did not require the full Autopatcher to be preinstalled in order to apply updates? From now on I will remember to install full, then apply the latest update.

Hi maxkohl,

You are correct. I always installed the full patcher, applied the patches, then deleted the patcher. January was my first update and I don't recall having the full version preinstalled. Is it possible that the January Update worked differently from the February one in that it did not require the full Autopatcher to be preinstalled in order to apply updates? From now on I will remember to install full, then apply the latest update.

actually you should install all update releases after the full/lite release you should have, not just the latest.

so you should install dec05 full/lite + jan06 update + feb06 update + mar06 update + ...etc

the exception is this months xp update release where the jan release was small it was included with it and became a culmulative update release.

i decided NOT to make the 2k and 2k3 update releases culmulative, even though the jan updates were equally small.

I don't wish to sound ungrateful (I really appreciate Autopatcher XP!), but why has MSN Messenger been included in the Lite version this month? It's not a windows component and the installer is 9mb, so that's quite a lot of bloat for the "Lite" version - surely that's what the Full version is for, if you want other non-essential programs like that?

Thanks for the quick release again this month though :D

^^ I did a Lite Update, without the MSN Messenger, Java and Profile Hive Cleanup (only with Critical and Recommended modules). The file is intended for Lite versions.

See the 1st post for the link.

^ That's great! The only thing, is that you (Softpedia) don't use the details of the current version, even when i sent the it...

^ That's great! The only thing, is that you (Softpedia) don't use the details of the current version, even when i sent the it...

But I did update the details this time :p you should take a look ;) Hope they're ok now :)

Regarding my post about MSN Messenger being included, I wasn't quite awake this morning (downloaded it last night) and forgot that it was a single update for both lite and full versions - I didn't notice that gandolas had done a Lite update version at the time (maybe the MD5 hash could be included on the first post for that file?).

Anyhow, I don't think it's a wise idea to have an update that doesn't detect whether it should install things from the Full version or just the Lite version. Separate updates for Lite and Full versions do seem more sensible.

Also, I think for new or less experienced users, it may create more confusion over which updates they need if there isn't consistency with whether an update includes other updates from the previous update, etc....

... Perhaps including in the name of the file, its dependencies on other updates would help with clarity.

e.g.:

AutoPatcher_XP_Feb2006_Update_(Needs_Dec2005).exe

And maybe next month if it doesn't include others (as an example):

AutoPatcher_XP_Mar2006_Update_(Needs_Dec2005_+_Feb2006).exe

Yes, this time is correct! The "problem" is that it's written: "What's included (English November 2005)"... If you could fix it, i would appreciate. :)

ops :D Fixed! Thank you :)