Who here uses Chimera?

Yep, it's a very impressive browser. I've currently got it decked out in The Blue format of Omniweb:

Chimera.png

The bookmark icon still needs changing though.

Took me about 5 minutes of using IE to know I hated it. I installed Omniweb, iCab, Netscape, and then Chimera...Chimera is the only one left on my system :cool: It's an excellent browser.

jesse ;-)

Yup. Dazzla turned me onto it about 3 weeks ago :cool: If it handled javascript better I would use it exclusively. I get tired of having to double click really fast on drop down boxes.

ahem...did you say FASTER??? we are talking about omniweb right?? and how can you deal with the sheer amount of sites rendered improperly with OW?? i could render HTML by HAND faster and more accurate than omniweb.

Originally posted by GatorZx2

I don't know if Omniweb is faster than Chimera, but I do know that Omniweb has problems with displaying some parts of Neowin correctly.

Well I have yet to see any problems. Anyway, back to the thread topic...

Yeap, use Chimera 98%. The only site I need to use IE for is GFXArtist, since it uses layers, and the Mozilla engine doesn't seem to handle them pretty well.

And yeah, the latest nightly builds uses favicons. NeoWin's one doesn't look very good with it though :)

Originally posted by cerbero

And yeah, the latest nightly builds uses favicons. NeoWin's one doesn't look very good with it though :)

Crap, they do look bad. Very, very bad. Have you found a way to turn off favicons?

Are you up for making another one?

Originally posted by Dazzla

Crap, they do look bad. Very, very bad. Have you found a way to turn off favicons?

Are you up for making another one?

I saw it was replaced, but I think it would work better on non-windows systems with an icon that hasn't got a transparent background. Many big sites uses a white background for their favicon, so it's probably the best approach. I made this one below. Someone has to convert it to .ico format though. I haven't got Virtual PC set up since my reinstall so I can't convert it myself.

neowin-favicon.gif

OK...I've been using Chimera since you guys love it, and now I'm a big fan. My one complaint is switching between tabs. The keyboard shortcut absolutely sucks! "command {" which also requires holding down the shift. I don't suppose anyone has a way of doing this with another key combination? :ermm:

ya well i've been fighting with the developers on this one and i believe the latest status of the bug i filed was WONTFIX. gotta love opensource. the shortcut up until just after the .4 release was cmd+shift+left and cmd+shift+right. the commands for page navigation were the same without shift. in this browser they will always be connected as such. this worked out really great, but they have decided to go with the "more maclike" [ and ] keys, due to utter stupidity and working for too long at the Titanic (aol). I like these guys and they are mad crazy talented but this has always been a heated issue. The [ and ] shortcuts are modeled after the finder defaults, but are an absolute nightmare for anyone using a non-US keyboard layout.

• 1 month later...