Won a Phillips 32" LCD HDTV

Any English people here who read the Independent newspaper may remember a competition a while back in which you have to solve 3 out of 5 puzzles for a chance to win a Phillips 32" LCD HDTV.

Well last week my parents got a phone call saying we had won!!! i couldnt actually believe it. The annoying thing was that it would get delivered on saturday but i was leaving for Italy for a week on the friday, and since i have only just got back i can see the TV and its sooooo goooooood. Its huge!

Anyways heres the specs: Clicky

And here is the actual TV:

img475018rn.jpg

I still actually cant believe this...

Havnt got anything HD to use with it though :(

maybe ill go watch a DVD later

Does it have Monitor inputs? If so, just go download some HD trailers from Windows Media Player website and viola.

Does it have Monitor inputs? If so, just go download some HD trailers from Windows Media Player website and viola.

It has got moniter inputs, but i need a dvi cable and im not sure one came with it, anyways ill have a look later

a free TV is pretty cool, but I'm gonna win the $365 million Powerball lottery this weekend, so looks like I've got ya beat :D

\jk, man. Nice set. I wish I could have gotten my TV for free. Most I ever won at anything was a $15 book.

Found the DVI cable, now to figure out what to do with it.....

Plug it into your video card at the back of your computer. If you don't have one that it will fit into you may need an adapter so you can use it asa n analog cable (usually a blue connector).

Plug it into your video card at the back of your computer. If you don't have one that it will fit into you may need an adapter so you can use it asa n analog cable (usually a blue connector).

Thanks, although i cant actually move my computer to the living room :( i think my Dad's laptop dock has a dvi output though

a free TV is pretty cool, but I'm gonna win the $365 million Powerball lottery this weekend, so looks like I've got ya beat :D

\jk, man. Nice set. I wish I could have gotten my TV for free. Most I ever won at anything was a $15 book.

Actually you're not... because I am. And if you have the same numbers as me and split me I'm gonna have to come find ya :p

• 2 weeks later...

Actually you're not... because I am. And if you have the same numbers as me and split me I'm gonna have to come find ya :p

i think i'm gonna win as i chose the numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42.

:devil:

• 2 weeks later...