Gorgeous Virtua Fighter 5 Screens

Japanese tech website Watch Impress brings us these fine, fine Virtua Fighter 5 screens. There's some truly amazing lighting and rippling water effects, and the character models look extremely clean and sharp as do the exquisitely detailed backgrounds, plus we also get a glimpse at some costume changes. Hopefully Sega will see fit to release some nice high definition videos soon to sate our hunger for more next gen VF, until then here are the screens. source

2848_vf_1.jpg

2848_vf_2.jpg

2848_vf_3.jpg

2848_vf_4.jpg

2848_vf_5.jpg

2848_vf_6.jpg

There were some diffrent screenshots posted some time ago (i think Orangesoul posted them) and the game looked great, no jaggies compared to the screenshots above. I know the game will look great, lets hope it plays great.

Damn Akira, hard to master playing as him but easy to get my butt kicked by him

Wow, those look pretty terrible.

Is this from the arcade version or are they supposed to be from the PS3?

arcade, and hardly final build.

the lighting still looks 10x better than DOA4 at this point.

Yeah, these really don't look good to me at all. I hope they've made a ton of progress since these pics because these are just plain bad. The models are decent, but nothing spectacular, the backgrounds don't stand out to me, and the ground (see the wooden floor pictures) just plain sucks.

the lighting still looks 10x better than DOA4 at this point.

You're kidding... right? It's not even close.

The third shot looks closest to DOA4, except for all the jaggies. In the forth the models looks like shiny plastic.

I played a lot of VF4EVO, so naturally I'm quite hyped about this game.

As for all you n00bs bashing the jaggies, just remember that Sega fixed up the jaggies big time in the transition from VF4 to EVO, so I trust they'll have them fixed up here before the game ships.