[Mens Olympic Hockey] Can. vs. Fin.

Ok, is it just ME, or do the Canadian Men look like they are a group of PeeWee boys on the ice? only 3 shots on goal in 15 minutes ... two goals ... have lost over 70% of the face offs, and are just getting stupid penalties. I realize they are probably Jet Legged (and that's the TC Coach and NHL's fault, for sending them over 2 days befor they start. The guys should have gone with the rest of the teams!) ...

Anyways, opinions Neowinian's?

** EDIT ** First Intermission

Canada has only had 5 shots on goal... That's one ever 4 minutes - which is rediculous

Edited by Allan

Like I said ... they are playing as if they are 7 year old boys and not 20-40yr old men. It's quite pathetic. And again, if the Coaches, and NHL had half a brain, they would have had the mens hockey team over there at the start, and not 27hrs before their first game. Frustrates me.

**EDIT** After watching the first 8 minutes of the 2nd period ... I revise my earlier statement. The "men" of Team Canada now don't look like 7yr old boys, but closer to 15yr old Highschool boys. C'mon CANADA show them why NHL is the best sport in the world!

Edited by Allan

Yeah, it bugs me too, not quite fair to the teams that have NHL players...

EDIT: Here's period 2, lets keep our fingers crossed.

EDIT2: I hate bertuzzi! Yes, I live in Colorado, I love the Avalanche, and I love the sport of Hockey. But what he did was just wrong and should have had more punishment. I don't have Vancouver, or any other player on that team... just bertuzzi. And for the Olympics, I don't care how the US does, I just like watching the best win. :yes:

Edited by Gibwar

the team is poorly managed and coached.

and with the players they choose to go with .. mostly english-sided first

and they took bertuzzi, doan that kind of player you don't want on a team.

no surprise .. the goalies are playing alone.

Oh and Pat Quinn .. somebody shoot him another puck in the face godamnit

Oh and Pat Quinn .. somebody shoot him another puck in the face godamnit

i dont know WHY, pat quinn is the coach... but they need a canadian coach.. and theres no stronger idol for canada.. then pat quinn.

omfg ! I never saw canada play so bad.

cmon score a damn goal they even miss a breakaway

Quinn doesn't even know how to use his players the right way.

He doesn't match the right players together.

The first row needs a fast skater along with a natural scorer and passer.

that powerplay was so pathedic, there goes our chance of winning gold

i dont keep score on the olympics.. since they are completely and utterly useless.. everyone forgets about it a week after it closes. so.. canada's chance of winning a gold is gone? meh, canada's never been good at the olympics.. all we had was hockey, now we dont even have that.

DeJa Vu...

alien.gif

\\o

o//

\o/

thank you for your very helpful post.. Post Count++

thank you for your very helpful post.. Post Count++

Hey, just because your team lost don't get cranky on those who celebrate.

Perhaps if they hadn't sucked so much they might've actually scored one goal. :rolleyes:

I partly agree with some of you. But how can you abuse Pat Quinn Like that. After all he was the one that guided them to the gold metal game in 2002. The fact that the players cant receive the passes shouldnt relflect upon the coach of the team. It's up to the players to work on what they are doing wrong and improve.

With that being said. I just broke my hockey stick out of anger :angry: Thers 300$ down the drain.

Bahahaha what a bunch of heartless, gutless morons we have representing our country.

This team was destined to fail from the start when Gretzky didn't make the necessary adjustments. He went with an older, more experienced squad by playing losers like Bertuzzi, Doan, Draper, McCabe and St Louis. We sacrificed skill for experience. We cant even keep up with the (no offense) tiny Finns. Canadians don't win the battles along the boards, never jump on rebounds, and are never first to the puck.

Pat Quinn is just as useful as a head coach as a broomstick would be. Someone go find this man the other half of his brain. He actually benched Nash who is arguably one of the best players out there in favour of a Bertuzzi who is big, stupid and useless yet he hogs up all the ice time and gets stupid penalties and misses prime chances. McCabe can't play defense period. Doan and Draper well what the hell. Why are these guys even here? Their leadership is worthless if they have no talent and they're taking away from Richards who can do a better job of shutting down their top center. St Louis is too small for anything, even against the Finns.

Kariya who has a tonne of international experience, Staal a natural goal scorer, Tanguay who can actually make a pass, Crosby and Phaneuf definately belong on this team. They're fast, extremely talented and hard working. I bet they're sitting on their asses laughing their asses off right now.

Did Janet have money on the Swiss and Finns??

:no: :no:

I partly agree with some of you. But how can you abuse Pat Quinn Like that. After all he was the one that guided them to the gold metal game in 2002.

Ya so? And since the lockout the man hasnt done anything right in his own team in Toronto, and its evident he should retire. Aren't the Toronto fans calling for his head down in TO? Thats what I hear.

He benches Nash, and gives Bertuzzi countless minutes, even though he cant finish a play, score on a perfect chance and takes stupid penalties at important times.

He's missusing Richards in favour of an older slower Draper. They're both capable of shutting down the top line's center, but Richards gets stuck playing 3rd/4th line when he's deserving of playing where Draper is. Richards can also set up plays. Draper is garbage.

blah... i'm just gonna stop, this is embarassing. No goals in 6 periods of play. Way to go! GO CANADA

WOW guys, PANIC MUCH? I just have to remind you all that these games mean NOTHING. Tuesday is where the real hockey starts. I will admit that Canada has looked aweful so far, but I fully expect they will get it together and play great when it matters. Think of these games so far as exhibition games, because that is basically what they are for Canada. If they keep playing like this come Tuesday, then you can panic. But for now just calm down and wait and see. They didn't exactly play all that great in the round robin in 2002 either, but they pulled it together when it counted and I'm sure they will do the same this year.

WOW guys, PANIC MUCH? I just have to remind you all that these games mean NOTHING. Tuesday is where the real hockey starts. I will admit that Canada has looked aweful so far, but I fully expect they will get it together and play great when it matters. Think of these games so far as exhibition games, because that is basically what they are for Canada. If they keep playing like this come Tuesday, then you can panic. But for now just calm down and wait and see. They didn't exactly play all that great in the round robin in 2002 either, but they pulled it together when it counted and I'm sure they will do the same this year.

it's not panic, it's facing the thruth. Anyway they don't even have a week to prepare the team with everyone together and this on a smaller ice surface, adapt with the internationnal rules (which they can't even do, it seems so hard for these ret*rds to let their stick on the ice :angry: ), the coach can't even put a strategy together and make good combinations. Instead of doing individual play or shooting the puck in the zone and rushing on it like uncounscious human beeing, they should start playing real hockey. The defensive and offensive are so far from each other and the defensemen doesn't help the attack and vice-versa.

It's the defensement that are supposed to organized an attack, start by the begining !! :no:

Edited by 2xSilverKnight