Forum design suggestions

Question

I hate to do this right after I post in a thread about someone elses forum design, but I have recently completed one of my own. I just want to know if it turned out well in your opinions. I put a lot of work into it (but not too much, so constructive criticism is allowed), and I hope my work wasn't put to waste.

Anyway, knock yourselves out!

http://r360.zapto.org/forum

7 answers to this question

needs better topic status icons (EG: New posts, No new posts, Forum is locked) And the top bar with the View unanswered posts link seems out of place.

That bar becomes more in-place when you are logged in (two more links show up). And yes, I know those icons suck, I'm still looking for my inspiration on those.

Thanks

tabstart7fn.png

What about cleaning the curved line on the top banner.

I'm not going to get rid of it, but should I fix it a little bit? It didn't turn out as well as I hoped :cry:

I'm not going to get rid of it, but should I fix it a little bit? It didn't turn out as well as I hoped :cry:

Yes, it looks like you didn't using any antialiasing on it, which it needs. Also, it looks like the forums have broken out of a border you were trying to make for them. You can enclose the whole schebang into a single table or <div> and just set the right and left borders with CSS so its seemless. :yes:

Yes, it looks like you didn't using any antialiasing on it, which it needs. Also, it looks like the forums have broken out of a border you were trying to make for them. You can enclose the whole schebang into a single table or <div> and just set the right and left borders with CSS so its seemless. :yes:

Thanks! I wasn't trying to enclose them, but I was planning to in the near future, so your advice helps me out with that!

I'm going to redo that image now.

Should be better now. I'm going to lengthen it a bit later, but my laptop ran out of battery and I'm using my moms computer, which only has GIMP, so I edited what I had started on my laptop.