Best place to buy an iBook?

Hey guys...looking to buy an iBook after having just graduated from college. Where does everyone recommend buying one and is there ever a chance of a price cuy when buying from a reseller? I'm currently on a PC but have been fascinated with owning a Mac for a few months now...thanks

Well...

There's smalldog.com, macconnection.com, macmall, maczone... Smalldog and macconnection have good prices. I got my G4 powermac at macconnection. I'd recommend them.

The Apple store is good as well. Or if your trusting...ebay

• 5 weeks later...

If you are still registered at your college USE THE EDUCATION DISCOUNT from Apple.com, otherwise any of the places superfula said are fine. Just make sure you get the extended warranty, even though iBooks are so reliable and durable as all, I'm still very glad I got it. Overnight shipping to Apple repair shop, 3 day turnover, overnight back to you, nothing out of pocket, not even shipping. Nobody else I know does that. :bandit:

Originally posted by Advocate

Or if you're in the UK you could always consider 2nd hand (excellent condition) from someone such as me :D

See my post "iBook for sale" on here

LOL! i could see that one a MILE Away!!! ;)

NeYo

I would buy something such as this locally...in fact thats exactly what I did. Even if there ins't an actual Apple Store near you, I'm sure if you look in the phone book (or net) you can find an Apple Authorized Dealer close enough, this is who I would buy from. The people that work in these stores are great. I've had to take them my laptop a couple times after logging in as root and ****ing up shells. They never charge and are always eager to teach you new ****. When it comes to Apple hardware, the prices are pretty much set, you're only saving a few dollars if you try to track down deals (assuming you're buying new) so it's very worth the extra couple of bones to buy locally.

jesse ;-)

Originally posted by Cowpie

Heres a good way to get a cheap mac, become friends with a manager at a Mac store, meet him out back with $500 cash.... And poof a iBook will appear :p

.. and can you get in contact with this mac guy? ;)

No, the way that ill hopefully get a iBook is a lil more illegal but...... WAIT A SECOND! I have another idea, get a JOB at a mac store, and then u can become good frineds with the owner and u can just slip one ibook out and be like 'i saw a italian guy running with a ibook and he got away' and u got yourself a ibook

if you havent bought already, check out General Cybernetics

they have some amazing package deals, and average pricing on individual things. the great thing about the packages tho, is that most of them are something people would actually buy. check out the iBook special. its great.