'68 Firebird - In Need of Help

hey guys!

sorry, it's been a while since I've been on here, just been busy at work lately.

Anyways, I have a '68 Pontiac Firebird that I bought several years back, and I have been buying parts (stuff that needed replacing that wasn't factory orginal for a while - and have tied up a few penny's in the car) and now after working working on it here and there for like 7 years, I am finally ready to get the thing on the road. I have all the body parts and stuff like that, however, I have ran into a major electrical problem. I need to replace all the wiring harness' on the car.

Now, I have searched the internet and even posted on a few car restoration web sites, but I haven't gotten much feedback. I know of Classic Industries and I have bought stuff from them and they are good. However, there wiring harness' are awfully expensive (and if I can't find the parts no where else, then I guess I will break down and buy them but it'll take a lot longer to get the car on the road than I want to wait :-)). And I had bought a few parts from a guy in CA I believe, called Franks Pontiac but he doesn't have the wiring harness' I need.

I was hoping maybe you'll could help me out.

I would appreciate any help!!!

Thanks in advance!!

Matt

i don't have an exact picture...i'll try and find a better one...but basically i'm looking for the front, engine, dash, rear wiring harness'.

like i said...i'll try to find a better one...but basically the picture below is one of the harness' (the dash harness) that i need...

post-88240-1141432808.jpg

Your best bet is a junk yard, my friend.

I work for a wholesale parts dealer, and I come into contact all the time with vehicles where the parts are obsolete.

Your main problem is that you have a Pontiac Firebird. Those cars were not nearly as popular as the Camaro and the Mustangs from that same era. If it's not profitable for a company to pay people to make remanufactured parts, they simply won't do it. :(

If you take a day and spend it at the junk yard and find one of your same year, you can walk out with EVERYTHING you need while only spending a tiny sum of cash.

Another thing you might want to consider is buying a doner car, where you can take ALL the parts you need. Rolling chassis' can be found on Ebay all the time. Good luck man, and post up some pics. I love the 68 Firebirds. :D

Well, if you are wanting to go with a new harness for the whole car try Painless Wiring or Year One. I don't know what the price difference would be against Classic Industries but I want to say that Year One is Classic's biggest rival in the parts biz.