UFC 58 Goes Tonight

I'm not much into the Canada vs USA theme but I'm always up for a stacked fight card. It should be a great night of mma action!!

Here's the whole card:

Preliminary Card:

Tom Murphy vs. Christophe Midoux

Jason Lambert vs. Rob MacDonald

Sam Stout vs. Spencer Fisher

Live PPV Card:

Yves Edwards vs. Mark Hominick

Nathan Marquardt vs. Joe Doerksen

B.J. Penn vs. Georges St. Pierre

Mike Swick vs. Steve Vigneault

Rich Franklin © vs. David Loiseau

I'm so pumped for the BJ - GSP fight, I really can't call a winner. BJ's an absolute wizard on the ground so he shouldn't be doubted, but GSP's been owning his UFC competition since his loss to Matt. This could be the fight of the year, no doubt about it. GSP's my fav fighter, but BJ's the man, I'm picking BJ by TKO (I don't think GSP's chin has been tested and I think BJ could catch him)

I think Rich will own the Crow with his longer reach.

As a longshot, I'm picking Hominick to upset Yves. :)

I wish the Stout - Fisher fight was going to be on PPV, I think that'll be a good'un. :yes:

I'd love to know when Matt Hughes vs. Royce Gracie will be scheduled for! Gracie will own him so bad!

No titles on the line tonight? Not that many big names either. Would have been great to have seen Chuck Liddell on there!

Wounder when this will be on Bravo in the UK?

Matt Hughes vs. Royce Gracie

May from what i've read.

Also, Cesar Gracie Vs Frank Shamrock in October

UFC 59 should be good. Tito Ortiz will return and Andrei Arlovski Vs. Tim Sylvia. That is gonna be one bad slugfest! Can't wait till May!

No titles on the line tonight? Not that many big names either. Would have been great to have seen Chuck Liddell on there!

Middleweight Championship is on the line tonight. Rich loves to stand and serve up a beating and Loiseau's got a great spinning back kick and the best elbows in the Octagon right now. Should be a great battle. :)

Unless they put Babalu in there with Chuck next, I'm not sure I'll be interested. That matchup will make a superfight when it happens! :p

58?? This thing started what...15 years ago?

They hold 'em 3 or four times a year, I think the first was back in about '93. Me and a bunch of friends rented the PPV and watched Royce own the bigger men. I've got to admit, next to Royce, it was quite the thugfest back in the early days. Since then, MMA has evolved into an amazing sporting event with uber talented athletes! Whether its PrideFC, UFC, KOTC, or K-1, you can sign me up! :yes:

If Tito Ortiz goes up against Ken Shamrock that sure should be interesting. I didn't know he hated him so much! :laugh:

I think Tito might just pull off a victory, Ken hasn't been too impressive in his recent fights as he was back in the day. Someone needs to put a lid on Tito's mouth though! Far too much of a gob!

I doubt they'll put Babalu in with Chuck just yet, I think they might go for another money spinner with him up against Tito.

If Tito Ortiz goes up against Ken Shamrock that sure should be interesting. I didn't know he hated him so much! :laugh:

I think Tito might just pull off a victory, Ken hasn't been too impressive in his recent fights as he was back in the day. Someone needs to put a lid on Tito's mouth though! Far too much of a gob!

I doubt they'll put Babalu in with Chuck just yet, I think they might go for another money spinner with him up against Tito.

Tito vs Ken was the main event in UFC 40, you should check it out. Tito totally owned him, Shamrock's head looked like a swollen purple walnut by the time they were finished. I can only imagine that a rematch 5 years later would be even more uneven! :p

I agree with Zuffa not putting Babalu in with Chuck, he's too much of a threat to win and Chuck makes the UFC too much money! :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

isn't Tito going againt Forest griffin next ppv.... thats should be a good match to see!!!

BTW Arlovski vs Sylvia wil pwn!!!