RIP Kirby Puckett

Oh no, he died?? I heard in the news today that he had a stroke.....

If he is dead, RIP Kirby Puckett a great baseball player.

wow, i heard a few hours ago he was in the hospital, and i went to the yahoo sports page to check on something else, and i see that it says he died. man, what a shame. RIP kirby. such a shame to lose someone like him...

I just heard as well. Living in Minnesota my entire life, I grew up with Kirby Puckett and I'm really sad to hear he died. He was still pretty young too. Only 45. :cry:

Damn this is terrible...did he have health problems previously? I heard that this family and friends were extremely concerned about his weight, but damn...RIP Puck!

I wonder if he did roids? Not accusing or anything, but when people die of a stroke that young you have to wonder sometimes.

NO!!!! Back in '83 he used to play for the Visalia Oaks out in Central CA, where I used to live. I remember he would make appearances at games every once in a while.

Sad day this is..

RIP K. Puckett

I wonder if he did roids? Not accusing or anything, but when people die of a stroke that young you have to wonder sometimes.

I thought about the same thing (just because of his age). But he wasn't exactly buff when he was playing...

well, i guess we will never know. probably a good thing, the last thing baseball needs is another hero with a tarnished record.

Has the whole steroids scandal turned into a witch hunt? During his career, Kirby never showed any signs of steroid abuse that others have shown. Even after his career, he went the total opposite of what is expected when a person is off of steroids. If you look at the statistics, Kirby had a couple of factors that could have caused the stroke. The second leading cause of strokes is obesity. Puckett did have a serious increase in his weight after his retirement.

the thing about kirby is that he was never a power hitter, just one of the best contact hitters. steroids can't make your eyes any better.

From what I've read, he had eclipsed 300 lbs by the time of his death. He was only 5'8". A real shame all the bad press, true or untrue, that came out about him the last few years, including locking someone. his wife i think, in a basement and cutting through the door with a power saw. Hopefully he will be more remembered for his on the field demeanor and achievements rather than the more recent developments.

I said, "Wonder."

You were doing a disservice to his baseball legacy. If you look at him during his career there was never a physical change like some others. The most homeruns he ever hit was 31. That doesn't strike me as a steroid user. Also, he played before the steroid era in baseball. To even wonder about that strikes me as a person who's mind has been poision by the steroid scandal.

after retirement http://web.mit.edu/errhode/www/kirby.jpeg

during his career http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/hofers_a...ckett_kirby.jpg