Networking the printer

Hi all,

It would be really good if i could network the printer in my room to the 3 other computers / laptops.

So far i've done the normal Printers & Faxes thing and enabled the sharing bit, but to no avail.

I am getting annoyed with it now!

Advice or an idiots guide to networking a printer would be good! Is it possible to share it via the internet? Is that safe?

I get my internet through a router which connects from my modem (10mb broadband) box downstairs.

Hi all,

It would be really good if i could network the printer in my room to the 3 other computers / laptops.

So far i've done the normal Printers & Faxes thing and enabled the sharing bit, but to no avail.

I am getting annoyed with it now!

Advice or an idiots guide to networking a printer would be good! Is it possible to share it via the internet? Is that safe?

I get my internet through a router which connects from my modem (10mb broadband) box downstairs.

You have to make sure all your comps are hooked to the router and are setup using the same domain info, etc. Once you have everything setup to where all of the computers can see eachother then you already see the printer in the printer tab as one of the options available for those other computers to print too.

If its not working like that, you would have to give us a rundown of exactly what is wrong not just "it won't work". Why won't it work. What error do you get, can the other computers see eachother? Can the other computers see the printer? Can they check the printers status? What happens when you try and print? etc