[AMA] Daytona

Friday there is going to be a lot of AMA coverage on speed channel. Dirt track, motorcross and roadracing. The Daytona 200 is on this weekend. the supersport race was just on, pretty good race between the Haydens and Hacking.

Anyone care?

Yeah I like watching Supercross racing. I just saw a race the other day, and it was on the On board rider cam, and this guy just landed and ran over a guy that fell in front of him. Looked painful, not sure if it was at Indy, or Atlanta.

AMA is back for another season!!!

I love AMA, I'm a huge, HUGE Mat Mladin fan and I also like Ben Spies and the Hayden brothers. What is great about AMA is there is at least 2 quality riders at each level (Duhamel, Gobert, DiSalvo, Yates) all those guys are competitors and it doesn't matter if it's Superbike or Formula Xtreme or whatever, there's always someone great to follow. I'm really interested to see this year how the new Beull bike is going to do on Formula Xtreme with the twin Harley engines.

I'll be heading to Laguna Seca as usual this summer for round 7. Nothing will beat last year's weekend when MotoGP came also and Nicky Hayden got his first GP victory but I still expect awesome racing.

AMA is back for another season!!!

I love AMA, I'm a huge, HUGE Mat Mladin fan and I also like Ben Spies and the Hayden brothers. What is great about AMA is there is at least 2 quality riders at each level (Duhamel, Gobert, DiSalvo, Yates) all those guys are competitors and it doesn't matter if it's Superbike or Formula Xtreme or whatever, there's always someone great to follow. I'm really interested to see this year how the new Beull bike is going to do on Formula Xtreme with the twin Harley engines.

I'll be heading to Laguna Seca as usual this summer for round 7. Nothing will beat last year's weekend when MotoGP came also and Nicky Hayden got his first GP victory but I still expect awesome racing.

Awsome! I was actualy in Daytona last weekend for the AHRMA races (brother raced) and I saw a few XB-RRs in action. They are pretty fast I must say. There is a lot of coverage on tonight

Well, if anyone watched the races today, they were quite entertaining. Mladin pulled out the Superbike win for the first race of the season but Ben Spies pushed him to the final stretch...that was an awesome race and Mladin showed his experience by letting Spies take the lead going into the high banking turns and then he used the draft to get the extra hp to squeeze by him at the checkered.

And in the 200 Forumla Xtreme, Miguel Duhamel had the race in hand until the 20th or so lap when he made a mental error and high-sided the bike, destroying the windscreen and damaging his helmet. He fought back and finished 5th but I'm sure he was bothered by the crash.

I thought it was really cool in the 200 race seeing the bikes have to pit. That's not normal for most races but it added a nice little element. And just like NASCAR or open-wheel racing, a few riders made or broke their performance by the pit efficiency. Great weekend.

Didn't catch the superbike race but from what I have heard it was awsome. I wish the superbikes still did the 200.

I watched past of the 200. Man duhamel's crash looked pretty hard, I was amazed to see him just get up and run to his bike, and then to keep going at a competitive pace. Then to see the pace car screw up..