[review] Lian-Li PC-V2000B

Nice review + good pics

I'm running 6 sata disks all at 7200 rpm. The temperature is currently 85 deg F in the HDD area.

How much storage is that?

Nice case- i've got the silver version- had mine for like 1.5years now- have made several mods to it when i placed in my watercooling kit. got a 4" LCD on the front- takes 2x5 1/2" slots and fan controller. plenty of space to work within- first when i bought it i thought not having a removable tray will be annoying-but due to the size of the case- it was alright.

i removed the back 120mm air intake-cuz it sucks (no pun intended). cut out the grill bits to have a full 120mm air exhaust. i've got my watercooling radiator on top- a 2x120mm rad- i also placed on some sound deadening on the large side panels.. :)

nice :D im on 1.2tb at the moment- will be on 1.8tb soon .. all this High def videos take up alot of space. cant wait for bluray to hit mainstream (and obviously 100x cheaper than it is now)

btw what spec is the hardware in this lovely case of urs?

so poor no mhz for me :laugh:

your system sucks :p

Nice case but. I'd go this, the Silverstone you had previously or maybe a Thermaltake Tai Chi. All look nice if you ask me.

Howdy!

thermal+paste, your case looks nice! I am considering getting the 1200 from Lian Li (mid-tower version of what you've got), and I'm really beginning to realize that my cables aren't going to reach much of anything in those new positions. :| Do you have any recommendations for longer cords (power extensions, SATA, IDE, etc) that can reach all the way around? Thanks! :)

you shouldn' have any prob. at all with the 1200. depends were you power conn. is and where your ide/sata cables connect. might be a reach from the bottom left drive but not like the 2000 its double drive height 6 vs 3 on the 1200.

they make 1m and 2m sata cables i think. plus you can get rounded ide cables that are 36+ inches. the power you just have to find a extension on xoxide or something

pc power and cooling sells atx power extenders

i need one of those now because the power conn. on my mobo is on the top in this case

in the tj07 it was on the bottom

think the lian-li cases invert the mobo

just checked the 1200 is the same way inverted so your pci and whatever cards are on the top of the case and not near the bottom

most new motherboards have sata connectors that come off the side so I wouldn't worry.

if you are going for 6 sata disks get longer cables if your mobo doesn't have 6 sata connectors

you can also put sata mobile racks in the 5.25 bays.

the v2000 can hold 19 hard drives total if you remove the cd rom bezel and use mobile racks

i had to rework the wiring for the sata cables because some connectors were

cracking

ill post pics later today of what I mean

notice in picture below no sata cables were secured just let hang loose

dscn06860ya.jpg

sata connector ends started to crack so I redid wiring with an top anchor point shown here

dscn08146jm.jpg

think the ends were cracking because the sata connectors are very weak

and need to be taken care of and zip tied secure so there is no play

in the cable.

Nice cable tying on those SATA cables :woot: . If I get the case, I'll have some extensions ready from Xoxide or somewhere. Thanks for the info! :laugh:

well, I have to say, I agree with chc, Ive been reading along, and you certainly have good pictures, but the review is very poor, no allmost no info, its not really a review, its just a whole bunch of pics

well, I have to say, I agree with chc, Ive been reading along, and you certainly have good pictures, but the review is very poor, no allmost no info, its not really a review, its just a whole bunch of pics

check the second page for more text