Tracking Bandwidth Activity

Just networked a house of students together with a dsl company, and only have 10 gigs up and down of transfer, beeing the net ###### we are, I was looking into a way to track the bandwidth by cpu, to know when we have each reached our 2.5 gig limits...anyone know any good progs to do it...the online tracker supplied by the company is for the connection alone, I want to track it by each computer.

ps. they are networked together with a linksys dsl/cable router...

thanks,

unique

u might be able to install DUmeter on each one and then export the xml file everynight to a server or something.. but i have no clue for a program that will do what your asking all by itself..

of course i don't know very many programs so there must be something out there.... lol

majorgeek just posted.. i knew there was something out there.. lol

The best program I have found for this is NTop. They have a Linux/Unix version and a Windows version. The Windows version is free if you can compile it yourself.

This program will track bandwidth used on a per host basis, as well as what types of programs used that bandwidth, and even includes destination tracking. It is the best program to track network usage on a network that I have ever used. I've been using mrtg for a long time and it rocks for certain things but NTop will tell you exactly what you need and does it very well.