What a match!

Anyone see the final today. I don't think I've ever seen anything that matched it. Numerous world records were broken today. :yes:

Australia scored 434-4 in 50 overs, becoming the first team to breach the 400 run barrier. The previous best came well over ten years ago in the 1996 World Cup when Sri Lanka score 396-4. Of course, one would think that with sych a total, Australia should have had the match in the bag.

South Africa played brilliantly, Herschelle Gibbs scored a superb 175 of 111 balls. It went right down to the end, SA winning 435-9 with a single ball to spare. What a nail biter!! A whopping 872 runs were scored in a day. I don't think any match had totalled 750 before today

What did evveryone think?

small stadium, pitch was a batting heaven, match fixing? LOL :p tony greg "with the likes of smith, gibbs and co anythings possible"

lewis 10overs for 114? and the fact that ponting insisted bowling his full 10 even though he was already conceding at over 9 runs per over? pathetic captaincy or pure match fixing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great batting package, utter ****house bowling, still ended with an intense finish though

im all :(

I think the whole of India was watching the final overs of this match. And once SA won, the kids were on the street bursting crackers as they do whenever India wins.

Great match !

The South Africans must be crazy to have believed that they could score 434 to win.

i was too busy working on the computer until i saw cricinfo and decided i would watch the ending. i can't understand how SA won, it must have been really bad bowling. the batting may have been good but you should be able to defend 434.

it was a great match but in my opinion it is not the greatest match ever.i still think that the natwest final was better, mainly because i was there and also because it was before powerplays and before twenty20 which has changed the thinking with large scores.

Im a South African living in the U.S. I only heard about the game after it was finished. Can anyone please please please let me know where I can download this? Thanks!

Sweet revenge... (1999 World Cup semifinal anyone?)

GO SOUTH AFRICA! :D

i was thinking the same thing too. I still think that match was the best ever played.

Sweet revenge... (1999 World Cup semifinal anyone?)

GO SOUTH AFRICA! :D

Ironic the man who possibly won this match for us lost us the 99 world cup!

Anyway, great stuff :D

I don't think it was match fixing at all! It was a great match! Absolute brilliant enoyment!

I saw the whole thing and I love it!

I hope they come out with a DVD of it.

Herschelle Gibbs...

IIRC he dropped catch from Steve Waugh... Simple catch but his complacency got the better of him...

oh, I thought Donald's suicidal single in the last over was the thing that cost SA the match.

i heard theres DVD available of the match for Rs 150. i'm buying it this weekend!!

The highlights of this match (1 hour 8 minutes) are up on Google Video. Absolutely breathtaking! :D

I can't see it as the playback feature is not available in India!

Anywhere else I can see it?

They are planning to release a DVD here in SA, so anytime soon, we can all enjoy the match again.

And let me say, living in JHB, it was the most incredible atmosphere. Almost equal to the 95 rugby win.