PSP2 features confirmed, coming this Christmas?

PSP2 features confirmed, coming this Christmas?

Filed under News on Mar 13, 2006

Following PSP World's exclusive report last month, Ain't It Cool News says that it has confirmed the PSP2 features and says that it will be released around Christmas this year. The site reports: "Seems Sony?s current internal plans call for a release of a refitted PSP around Christmas this year. The device will, indeed, be streamlined (thinner), lighter, boast 4 gigs of memory and a camera."

Source: http://www.pspworld.com/sony-psp/news/psp2...tmas-003455.php

This is cool news if it's true!:woot:t:

Quite annoying for current PSP owners, but at least it won't have any performance upgrades. Therefore I don't think you can really call it PSP2, but like people have pointed out, "PSP.2"

Ha nice move Sony. Kill off more of your already decreasing fan base..

They should wait longer for a second version imo, if the news is even true.

How about they release some bloody games instead.

Also, has Sony EVER come up with an original idea?? They are just copying Nintendo again.

How about they release some bloody games instead.

Also, has Sony EVER come up with an original idea?? They are just copying Nintendo again.

What? Copying nintendo by coming out with a smaller, lighter, more feature-laden version of a current console?

Have you never heard of the PSOne? Or perhaps the PSTwo?

Oh, wait. Nintendo released a smaller NES way back in the day, so I guess you're right. Sony really IS copying from Nintendo. :rolleyes:

What? Copying nintendo by coming out with a smaller, lighter, more feature-laden version of a current console?

Have you never heard of the PSOne? Or perhaps the PSTwo?

Oh, wait. Nintendo released a smaller NES way back in the day, so I guess you're right. Sony really IS copying from Nintendo. :rolleyes:

No Sony are just making a shambles of the current PSP with the lack of games and developers, they feel the ened to reintroduce the handheld to get it's 15mins in the limelight before it dies off again.

Ahhell is right, I think more consumers would be interested in games than anything else :rolleyes: .

Oh I'm sorry, I forgot Nintendo invented the idea for re-releasing products. Gee wiz, I sure hope they sue Sony for this blatant act of plagiarism! Nintendo, feel free to release as many revised products as you want. Not Sony though, no way. :rolleyes:

got the PSP when it came out, find this to be total crap, way to go Sony ,,!,,

I think this will help boost sales for the PSP :yes: And for people that say give us better games. There are alot of game out this month already:

Pursuit Force

Daxter

Syphon Filter Dark Mirror

Coming later on are:

Tomb Raider

From Russis with love

Killzone

and much more :)

Oh I'm sorry, I forgot Nintendo invented the idea for re-releasing products. Gee wiz, I sure hope they sue Sony for this blatant act of plagiarism! Nintendo, feel free to release as many revised products as you want. Not Sony though, no way. :rolleyes:

I agree 100% :yes:

Assuming it is true, this is a horrible idea, to say it will be good for the sales of the PSP is rediculous unless they drop the price a ton. This is a weak attempt to bring more casual fans to the console by adding irrelivant features such as a more likely than not sub par camera and some extra memory, which if used will make things go much slower for people who still own the original PSP. It is bad enough when nintendo does it, but that sony is pulling a quasi-upgrade so soon is a bad sign for the future of this handheld.

Exactly what I was trying to say Boffa, but you worded it a lot better :laugh:

American Ninja: if Sony follow that routine they will have the same problems the Gamecube had. Nobody wants to wait months on end for the next good game.

as long as my "old" psp can still play all the new games i dont care.....i mean what are you going to do with 4gb of space if you can't put isos on it? ? im waiting, sandisk is supposed to release a 4gb card for the psp so i'll get the same too.....but i can load isos :p

No Sony are just making a shambles of the current PSP with the lack of games and developers, they feel the ened to reintroduce the handheld to get it's 15mins in the limelight before it dies off again.

Ahhell is right, I think more consumers would be interested in games than anything else :rolleyes: .

I agree with him too, on that point.

I currently only own 3 games for my PSP, which I've owned for about a year. Lumines, Hot Shots, and Tiger Woods 06. I love the games to death and I'm still trying to beat my high score in Lumines, but I'd much appreciate it if Sony got together some more good games for PSP.

\Daxter is supposed to be the shiat, so that's good

\\There's gonna be a FFVII game too, so (Y)

This is gonna divide the psp world. The people with the original and the newer ones. And thats a bad thing.

as long as my "old" psp can still play all the new games i dont care.....i mean what are you going to do with 4gb of space if you can't put isos on it? ? im waiting, sandisk is supposed to release a 4gb card for the psp so i'll get the same too.....but i can load isos :p

Already happening...

I won't believe it until there is an official word from Sony. Plus, what's the use of extra memory when you can only get 2-3 hours of video life out of the PSP's battery (much like the 5g ipod's), but the PSP's have relatively poor music playback UI and it's big to begin with. Better games are starting to come out; Daxter, SF:DM, and Pursuit Force all got high marks from IGN, so the game situation is improving.

Another reason that a PSP2 doesn't make sense, at this point, is that Sony still has to worry about the PS3 production and adding more hardware features to the PSP doesn't seem like a huge need at this point. I could see a smaller PSP being introduced, as Nintendo did that all the time (and still does) to boost sales, as well as lower costs.

Even if it is a lie or its true, this is nuts. Seems like consumers are always catching up to products that are continually enhanced or upgraded. So much functionality into one device now means nothing. If they are that small then why make them smaller? If things do tasks really well, why enhance it? Just so they can take our scratch? All this is going to do, just like those ten megapixel phones that handle my music library items, is going to kill off consumer interest in the long run. If the product is so good, what would lead a typical family with two or three kids to go out and grab lil Suzy and Billy and Tommy new psps, ipods, zens, xboxs, nintendos etc... the latest models when just upping to the new product runs them a couple hundred if not thousands in some cases. Bunk. Pure bunk and more bunk. I hope the market reaches a point where consumer interest is dead.

4 gigs of internal memory, and a camera, yet it's going to get thinner? I smell BS.

If it uses flash memory of some sort it wouldn't really take up much space at all (think built-in memorystick duo). Plus, have you seen the cameras in the new macbook pros? it's built into the bezel of the monitor. Cameras can be pretty dang tiny.

This is strange. Having PSP2 plans leak out so early is like telling the current PSP to die.

lol so true

i was going to buy a psp this week. but guess not... i'll wait until x-mas for the version 2... dang it though... >.> i want to watch my movies. yet ... dang boost of 4GB is sweet