[Definitive] Elders Scrolls IV: Oblivion Thread

What is the best Heavy armour sets and what the best soward/axe. There are just so many, i suppose it does depend on what your fighting but there is usually some ultimate weapon they put in.

spyker

Edited by Spyker

any idea why i can't go into the arena? i have the suit, i can enter the bloodramp room, but the gates from the arena itself don't open up... at first i couldn't even get into the blood ramp but after saving and loading a couple of times it suddenly works...

i also have this mod that enables you to call your horse and store stuff int he saddle... but where do i get the horse calling spell? do i need to buy a horse to get it?

thx :)

blade master? i talked to that one guy (the one that gives you the suit) and he said go up the bloodramp when you feel ready... is there someone else to talk to?

What is the best Heavy armour sets and what the best soward/axe. There are just so many, i suppose it does depend on what your fighting but there is usually some ultimate weapon they put in.

Daedric armor is the best (unenchanted)heavy set of armor.

The best swords are the Goldbrand(has a fire enchantment) and Umbra(has a soultrap enchantment)

any idea why i can't go into the arena?

Talk to the blademaster (the redguard that gives you your raiment)

Then go out into the bloodramp

Then go through the door to the arena

Walk up to the gate and you'll hear an anouncer talk and then the gates open.

Fight...

i also have this mod that enables you to call your horse and store stuff int he saddle... but where do i get the horse calling spell? do i need to buy a horse to get it?

You would have to consult the readme that came with the mod

If you still cant get into the arena, try removing the mod/mods you have.

can anyone tell me how to acutally do alchemy, i bought the equipment from the alchemy shop and i have the some ingredients, is there like a menu i can open up and combine stuff?

about getting into the arena. you talk to the guy to get your arena suit to fight. i would say step away from him and maybe talk to him again and choose read to fight or something along that lines. forgot what the choice is to fight.

can anyone tell me how to acutally do alchemy, i bought the equipment from the alchemy shop and i have the some ingredients, is there like a menu i can open up and combine stuff?

heh, I would also like to know. For some reason Alchemy is one of my major skills but I haven't touched it. It levels up though because I sample raw ingredients! :laugh:

Alchemy - I think you just equip the equipment you pick up (morter, etc.) I've never really needed it or used it...haha kind of useless. :/

Umbrasword - travel southwest of the imperial city until you find the shrine of clavicus vile. It's in the loop made by the Gold and Red ring roads. Bring 500 gold and be at least level 20. Activate the shrine and you'll get the quest. You can either keep the umbra sword, or give it to the god for a mask that fortifies your personality by 20 points. If you don't give it to the god, you may run into a problem later in the game (but it's nothing too influential..)

Arena - you have to talk to the blademaster about "ready for a match"

heh, I would also like to know. For some reason Alchemy is one of my major skills but I haven't touched it. It levels up though because I sample raw ingredients! :laugh:

go to you inventory and just click on one of the alchemy tools (mortar and pestle for example) this will give you a new screen, select an ingredient in one slot, and then in another slot you can select compatible ingredients... you can add up to 4 ingredients to make a potion/poison...

potions you can drink/sell, poisons: click them in your inventory and you can apply them to your sword/arrow... this will only work for one blow... meaning you can't 'bathe' your sword in poison and have its effect for several blows...

Alchemy has been freaking essential to me!

You pick up any food or harvest any plants you see, choose 4 or 3 (dont do 2, its pointless usually) and it creates a potion. Usually a poison or restore fatigue unless you can get some meat (health makers).

You can make quite a profit selling them to the potion lady in imperial market district.

Daedric armor is the best (unenchanted)heavy set of armor.

The best swords are the Goldbrand(has a fire enchantment) and Umbra(has a soultrap enchantment)

thanks man i had daedric and umbra gonner go get that soward. Must have missed it or yet 2 find it.

did u guys use texture mod?

i tried using grass texture mod to change the grass texture so it doesnt look so tiled. but it seems that oblivion didnt load it.

i put archiveinvalidation.txt in Oblivion\Data and the texture in textures/landscape/terrainhdgrass01su.dds

then i put a path textures/landscape/terrainhdgrass01su.dds in archiveinvalidation.txt

can u tell me whats the fault im doin?

did u guys use texture mod?

i tried using grass texture mod to change the grass texture so it doesnt look so tiled. but it seems that oblivion didnt load it.

i put archiveinvalidation.txt in Oblivion\Data and the texture in textures/landscape/terrainhdgrass01su.dds

then i put a path textures/landscape/terrainhdgrass01su.dds in archiveinvalidation.txt

can u tell me whats the fault im doin?

I dont think it was that involved. If it was the same one all I did was put the files into the folder, no text files.

Anyway for mine you have to ensure "distant textures" is enabled in the options otherwise it will always default to off.

no. those textures mods dont need to be ticked in the data files option. anyway those textures mods dont show up there. well lemme try just remove the path in archiveinvalidation.txt

ill let u guys know the progress.

shaja's textures replacement lod works just well. maybe its because i didnt set any path to its texture files in the archiveinvalidation.txt

and my settings are all maxed out except "self shadow" coz its just ruinning shadow in NPC's faces.

Shajas mod doesnt require you to put any paths to anything...you shouldnt have to edit any files. You just need to copy the folders correctly. In terms of clicking settings I meant you must have "distant texture" enabled in the options for Shajas ones to show otherwise they wont appear. That setting isnt one put there by Shajas mod, it's just there in the oblivion options. I also dont know what you mean by data file options, I'm talking about the video settings.

nstallation

===========

Unzip the .zip file to your "Oblivion\Data" directory, using folder names.

The following files should end up in your "Oblivion\Data\textures\landscapelod\generated" folder:

60.00.00.32.dds

60.00.32.32.dds

60.00.-32.32.dds

60.00.-64.32.dds

60.32.00.32.dds

60.32.32.32.dds

60.32.-32.32.dds

60.-32.00.32.dds

60.-32.32.32.dds

60.-32.-32.32.dds

60.-64.00.32.dds

60.-64.-32.32.dds

Uninstallation

=============

Delete the 12 dds files from your "Oblivion\Data\textures\landscapelod\generated" folder.

Thats for Shajas mod. It is that mod right or are you talking about a different one?

Umbrasword - travel southwest of the imperial city until you find the shrine of clavicus vile. It's in the loop made by the Gold and Red ring roads. Bring 500 gold and be at least level 20. Activate the shrine and you'll get the quest. You can either keep the umbra sword, or give it to the god for a mask that fortifies your personality by 20 points. If you don't give it to the god, you may run into a problem later in the game (but it's nothing too influential..)

you don't get the final daedric shrine quest if you don't finish them all.. :pinch:

Shajas mod doesnt require you to put any paths to anything...you shouldnt have to edit any files. You just need to copy the folders correctly. In terms of clicking settings I meant you must have "distant texture" enabled in the options for Shajas ones to show otherwise they wont appear. That setting isnt one put there by Shajas mod, it's just there in the oblivion options. I also dont know what you mean by data file options, I'm talking about the video settings.

Thats for Shajas mod. It is that mod right or are you talking about a different one?

shaja's mod works. i just extract the files to the correct folder. but im using the other mod, its called a night sky mode and the readme file tells me to put a path inside archiveinvalidation.txt file.