Booting From ISO Image

That would be LOVELY.

LOVELY!!!!!

Oh and question to anyone else---has anyone been able to install XP from a second hard drive (like a D: drive)? How'd you go about it?

Yep, you can install from a winxp/i386 directory already stored on a different partition.

Oh and question to anyone else---has anyone been able to install XP from a second hard drive (like a D: drive)? How'd you go about it?

First, you need a boot floppy with all the 'Memory Drivers' (Himem.sys, EMM386.exe) and a disk cache (smartdrv.exe). You can get one from Bootdisk.com. Download the image named Windows 98 SE OEM and write it to floppy (sorry, it's either floppy or CD, those are the breaks).

1. Boot from the floppy
2. go to D:\WinXP\i386
3. winnt <Enter>

This will start setup. If you already have a Win9x installation on another partition, then you don't need the boot floppy. Just boot to command prompt and start setup with winnt.exe.

-NV

Note: Works only if D: is FAT32, not NTFS.

Yep, you can install from a winxp/i386 directory already stored on a different partition.

First, you need a boot floppy with all the 'Memory Drivers' (Himem.sys, EMM386.exe) and a disk cache (smartdrv.exe). You can get one from Bootdisk.com. Download the image named Windows 98 SE OEM and write it to floppy (sorry, it's either floppy or CD, those are the breaks).

1. Boot from the floppy
2. go to D:\WinXP\i386
3. winnt <Enter>

This will start setup. If you already have a Win9x installation on another partition, then you don't need the boot floppy. Just boot to command prompt and start setup with winnt.exe.

-NV

Note: Works only if D: is FAT32, not NTFS.

Needs to be ntfs. Also, I would like the actual format utility to start up. I tried that technique and it goes straight to copying the files.