[PS2] How to connect to Windows MCE

Hi all,

Ok might sound like a bit of a simple question for some, but my friend has a Media Centre PC with the card etc and a Playstation 2 and if possible would like to link the PS2 with his computer so the PS2 game view is outputted to the Computers monitor or an available option in Windows MCE?

First of all, how would he go about connecting the PS2 to the computer, what cables or converters would he need or would it be a straight linkup with say the yellow AV cable from the PS2 cable? Then, how would he go about getting it as an option to play it on the computer, as I couldn't find any guides showing how MCE can link to a PS2? Or is it just when you turn on the PS2 it outputs it to the monitor straight away?

Any help appreciated,

JMann.

You just need a capture-card with RCA inputs. Any operating system (Linux, MacOS) can show the game in your monitor windowed on desktop capturing the A/V signal.

I think WMP can make this on MCE2k5 edition. I preffer a specific program for this, such as ChrisTV.

My friend replied with this, I can't make much sense of it but maybe you can. :)

Thats all good except my card takes the RF cable as in like your tv so its like when you had a ps1 and had to tune it in to a channel, not like now when you do it via the three cables and go to AV, understand that?

Just wondering, is there like a guide for setting this kind of thing up for a PS2 and a Windows PC? :)

Thanks.

Well, if their card has only RF imput.. is possible Yes, but the quality will be poor. You need buy an RF cable connector for PS2 (Sony make it).

Afterall, I recommend you get a card with RCA (or S-VIDEO/component) inputs.

Lot of programs can capture the signal of your RF imput, including ChrisTV and the program bundled already with your card. Now, you just need the PS2 RF cable.