quartz extreme ... ?

i just installed jag. Is quartz extreme on by default, but it doest seem to be. My cpu monitor still peaks when i mouse over the dock (i have a geforce4 mind you) and it shouldn't do this.

Do i need to enable the option? i can't find anything in the preferences ... hope someone can help me out.

thanks

Must be nice to have a feature like that (Quartx Extreme). I use Windows XP. We won't get something similar for the next 3 years when the new MS operating system comes out. By then I hope to own a Mac!.

From what I remember reading, the main enhancement of Quartz Extreme is when you are dragging windows. Drag something around and watch the cpu level. Or, now that I just read, you can dl that program and it should tell you.

EDIT: WOOO!!! 500th post (for the second time!)

Originally posted by pizza

Can someone explain why re-sizing windows is SOOOOO painfully slow? I have 10.2 on a 17" iMac.

it's the nature of the beast. quartz extreme does NOT accelerate this type of behavior, just compositing (e.g. putting already drawn windows on top of each other, like when you move a window), so the benefit isn't there for this. it's still my complaint with slowness on the system. applications like limewire do it the way it should be with the quick outline, then the draw in. dumb apps, like iTunes redraw on MouseMove... We'll just have to hope apple fiures somethin out....