Definitive: Oblivion Thread

I figured I woulds top posting stuff in the "review" thread so it could get cleaned up and be reviews.

Alright now to my first question so far..

Does anyone know where to find more lockpicks ? The only place I have found them so far was in the escape(training dungeon/sewer) and on goblins.

Just look in tons of barrels and chests etc, I have around 30 lockpicks now, it never hurts to pick up as many as you can.

yeah i kinda used them all up, im looking for a another location now .. I have only found them in a dungeon called Torinor on goblins, ive yet to find any in chests or barrels...

I made the mistake of trying hard lock early on just messing around thinking i would find tons of lockpicks real quick... so far not so much

Edited by Hupp

Yeah that wasn't a great idea lol.. I really suck at lock picking so I just do auto try every time haha.. I didn't really understand the tut on it.

Man, this game is overwhelming there is so much to do in it. It really is insane.

I really do not even know what the hell I am doing. I pretty much always am to encumbered whenever I have to pick up anything worthwhile, so I am just dropping stuff I am not sure if I should be dropping or not. I guess that is a whole part of the gameplay of it all, but I literally am just going on with no clue what the hell is going on. :rofl: The funny thing though, is I am thoroughly enjoying myself without really knowing what the hell is going on. :D

oo im completely lost.. i cant find the two items to get me back in the mage guild.. ive got to get 20 dragon tongue and 20 redwort flower. Both are plants, I've wandered almost everyone 2 spots left on the map inbetween the cities and then im screwed for now. I can find 1 every now and then in the mage guild alchemist or the alchemy shop... but damn its hard.. I've been doing this and exploring for 8 hours now ..

Wow... hey anyone know where to get the fish scales for that fisherman who had his leg bit off?

btw, this game is just huge, like I can easily see it being a 200hr game.

ya, if you were facing the tower in the imperial city from where you talked to him it should be foward and a little right. Look on your compass for the green arrows to tell you where the fish are.

What you get for this mission would of helped you a lot for what you needed do to get it.

Anyone know where I can buy a house, all I have right now is a room inside this run down inn.

Edited by fugazi26

Is there any easy way to get from the blades castle over to the Imperial city? Kinda sick of the time it takes horseback riding everywhere - Striders were so convenient in Morrowind :/

Edit: Oops, this should've been in the PC oblivion thread, but ah well guess it fits here too :p

Edited by cpu killer

There is quick travel. Im not sure what the buttons are on the pc though. For the 360 its b (menu) and then you go to the compass on it and then move to the 2nd to the left tab on the menu, and then look for the imperial city on it (which part you want) and then click travel to.

Im trying to get into the fighters guild, and for example they say talk to Anzza in Anvil, but I cant find them, anyone help me find someone to get into fighters guild?

Thanks for the help fugazi, much appreciated. I remember the option to buy a house from someone inside the imperial city, I believe it was in the market area. That's all I can remember, hope it helps :)

Another thing if someone knows, can you join more than one guild?

Yep. I'm part of the Fighter's Guild and the Thieve's Guild. Pretty fun. :p

I am member of the dark brotherhood, this was something unexpected. I wont let you know how I did it, but its cool that depending how you take action in the game, it turns another corner and opens different oppertunities.

Another thing I like, I decided to make another character, and apart from the starting area dungeon, as soon as I was out I decided to look around, and now the game becomes totally different than my first character, especially now I am roll playing and getting into how I want the character to be.

Addicting.

Where do you get the option to join the different Guilds?

Although I am definitely doing some exploring on my own, actually the first 2 hours I played I did not follow any main objectives and just exploring, but it was all mainly stealing and killing when I get the chance :rofl: , I am sticking to the main quests pretty tightly right now and I am in the First Gate Of Oblivion area. Do you have to go somewhere special to be asked to join a guild, like Imperial City, or will that come in time?

Also this might sound like a very noobish question but I truly have never played a game like this, but is everyone attacking me everywhere I go because I always have my weapon out? I finally put two plus two together and put my weapon away, and everyone stopped attacking me, but I was also then doing to storyline parts, so is it just because I was doing the storyline parts and visiting friendlier people or was it the fact that up until that point that I always had my weapon out and/or I was visting places not listed on the Quest itself?

I truly did not think I would get hooked into the game like I am, but it is a great game.

When in quest areas, only the enemies like the scamps of the oblivion gate etc will attack, the characters etc you meet will not even with weapon out.

On my second character, you come across bandits, and with weapon or not they attacked me.

So i assume because they are bandits or thiefs they attack.

Although I wonder if they would attack if your a different race etc, like if you were a imperial, you would have more aggro????

Anyway, im hooked, and cant wait to play again after work.

P.S - anyone that wants to add me to friend list go ahead, just to chat/message in game for help, tips etc, just mention neowin.

When in quest areas, only the enemies like the scamps of the oblivion gate etc will attack, the characters etc you meet will not even with weapon out.

On my second character, you come across bandits, and with weapon or not they attacked me.

So i assume because they are bandits or thiefs they attack.

Although I wonder if they would attack if your a different race etc, like if you were a imperial, you would have more aggro????

Anyway, im hooked, and cant wait to play again after work.

P.S - anyone that wants to add me to friend list go ahead, just to chat/message in game for help, tips etc, just mention neowin.

Cool, thanks for the quick response and the help.

I am assuming depending on your characters attributes that different people may very well not attack you.

I am a Dark Elf who so far has been one evil ****** and stolen and killed everything I can, so I am assuming this is just the beginning of me getting attacked all of the time. HAHA

Okay,

First Gate Of Oblivion, The people are inside the church... Anyway to close that gate? How do I found out how to close that gate? I have wasted like an hour in this area and found nothing at all... Thanks in advanced...

Go upto the gate, right infront of it and press A to enter, its like a normal door. In bottom right it says Oblivion gate, press A to enter.

Confused me first time, cause I thought I could walk right into it, but you go through it.

Go upto the gate, right infront of it and press A to enter, its like a normal door. In bottom right it says Oblivion gate, press A to enter.

Confused me first time, cause I thought I could walk right into it, but you go through it.

:blush:

I feel so damn stupid I did not see that.

Yep, I was just walking through it just like you said.

Thanks so much. (Y)