New Lair Shot

omg

awesome...

and is that a hud/controls i see? is this in game!?

Don't know if it's the final HUD or just something made up for the GDC demos. Guess we'll see when the game comes out.

actually its not from a two part demo:

its from here https://www.cmpevents.com/sessions/GD/S1609i1.ppt

this was found in the same presentation

1143472339_0.jpg

if it was ingame they would have shown it in the sony conference as its a sony exclusive + I didnt know PS3 could do 16xxAA with HDR which is theoritically impossible with current graphics cards

actually its not from a two part demo:

its from here https://www.cmpevents.com/sessions/GD/S1609i1.ppt

this was found in the same presentation

http://www.gamer.nl/images/content/PjotrSt...143472339_0.jpg

if it was ingame they would have shown it in the sony conference as its a sony exclusive + I didnt know PS3 could do 16xxAA with HDR which is theoritically impossible with current graphics cards

Yes and that was from their GDC presentation. F5 isn't a Sony first party so maybe that's why it wasn't in the Sony conference.

lair10pb.jpg

Where do you see 16xAA in there?

Yes and that was from their GDC presentation. F5 isn't a Sony first party so maybe that's why it wasn't in the Sony conference.

my.php?image=lair10pb.jpg

Where do you see 16xAA in there?

isnt it obvious the screenshot is in more than 8xAA? no jaggies of a picture this size = 16xAA applied

1143472339_0.jpg

That screenshot is from Rebel Strike it seems. Maybe they were doing a "this is how a dragon like creature looked in our GC game and this is how a dragon like creature looks in our PS3 game".

isnt it obvious the screenshot is in more than 8xAA? no jaggies of a picture this size = 16xAA applied

16xaa4yt.png

Yes 16xAA. You are right.

:rolleyes:

I didnt know PS3 could do 16xxAA with HDR which is theoritically impossible with current graphics cards

16xAA? Are you kidding me? Take a look around the edges of that guy riding the dragon or the dragon's spikes on it's head. Heck, one look at the edge of the wall in the background and you can see that it's no where near 16xAA. Either you need to adjust your monitor or get some glasses.

Anyway, it looks very nice.

orange likes to pull tech gibberish from his anal cavity and confuse rather than debate

LOL.
1143472339_0.jpg

If you watch the slideshow it shows what the cost of developing games\team size\assets\etc. of a previous game and it shows this image dissolving into the Lair image representing nextgen.

16xAA my ass.

*edit: gah, beaten.

post-4044-1143502297.jpg

Edited by jmole

LOL Orange must have confused the first one as it was shrinked down to a size where the edges were not as visible.

Anyway very nice improvement since the last screenshots...

what really bothers me is the eye should be somewhat shiny as the tecnology supports it.

The insides of the mouth of the dragon look out of place, shiny plastic with lack of textures does not fit the dragon skin. I don't care if it doesn't have great FSAA, it will be acceptable in motion, I only hope the terrain and buildings / enemy units won't be far away from the quality of the dragon.

Looks like a cutscene with a fake hud pasted on.

When I see that running on actual hardware...then i will believe that is in game.