How old were you when u first used a mac?

68 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when u first used a mac?

• 5 years old or younger
    • 6 - 10 years old
    • 10-14 years old
    • 15-17 years old
    • 18-23 years old
    • 24-29 years old
    • 30-35 years old
    • 36+ years old
    • I forget how old I was
    • I've never used a mac in my life

In my Digital Audio Editing course in college we used ProTools on pretty sluggish Macintosh. I found that it was not as bad as I had imagined.

The first Apple computer I used was all of the Apple IIe's that were all over elementary schools in the late 80's. I did a lot of word processing, as well as math and typing lessions on those computers. Of course we also learned to "program" in Logo (where you move the "turtle" around the screen to draw lines). Then there were the games we got to play once in a while like Oregon Trail and Where in the World is Carmen San Diego.

From what I have gathered, the Atari 520 ST computers were built using the same Motorola CPUs as Macintoshes from the same era. Come to think of it, Atari's TOS Operating System was probably fairly similar to the MacOS of the time.

My family got this when I was 2 years old. I even remember using MacWrite to send letters to my cousins. I just recently found it while rummaging through some old crap under my house. The picture below shows my Macintosh Plus (1Mb), the original keyboard and the apple printer that I had with it.

macplus.jpg