Anyone have experience buying from Plasmabay.com?

Curious...I see they have the Sony 32 inch XBR for $600 less than B&M Stores and some popular websites but I'm hesitant to buy something like this from a webstore.

maybe they are refurbished products?

It's not. Sony wants retailers to sell it at MSRP but a lot of webstores (not onecall or vanns) sell it for less.

ok, here's what you're gonna do. BUY THE TV and then let me know how it goes. I want to do this myself but not sure about online retailers. Especially when you are forking over $2000. I'm also afraid of the tv being damage during transit and then having to go through the hassle of returning it. But, you're also saving over $600....and that ain't no small change.

Well that's no good...Sin-ergy how about you be the first person to order from them :)

Sucks it's priced so much more in B&M stores. J&R has it at a lower price but they don't advertise it so I'm not sure if I can get Best Buy to price match. I guess I'll have to try

haha after reading that first complaint about the damaged tv, I think I will pass. That's the biggest risk right there, having it damaged during shipping.

The only reason these tvs are still selling at MSRP, is because people will pay. Apparently those XBRs sell very well. There is no incentive to drop prices. I'm most likely going to pick up a newer samsung set. $1000 less and the PQ isn't all that bad.

Having said that, I've yet to see an LCD match the xbr's PQ. It's just so smooth and crisp. I just have a hard time forking over almost 3 grand for a tv. I don't even watch that much TV :-p