Mac OS X 10.4.6 Released

Wow, doing a permission repair after updating - and no issues at all!:):)

Radish?

i'm glad to see that it's no longer throwing out those special permissions messages

I got an error during install that said I had to try again, tried again and got the error again, attempted to shut down and it wouldn't shut down so I killed the power, booted back up and I was stuck on the grey screen, killed the power again, put in disk and booted from disk and ran disk verify and then ran repair, no errors, restart and I've been staring at the grey screen with the Apple and spinning thing for about 20 minutes now...any idea what I can do to boot again, I'd prefer not to reinstall but if I have to I have to.

Mini 1.25, 512MB RAM...

Please help... :(

Everything works good, though I didn't expect otherwise.

Repairing permissions finally yield normal results, instead of a gagillion incorrect permissions.

Wow, doing a permission repair after updating - and no issues at all!:):)

Radish?

Yeah this is nice to finally see! It took a while for me to boot up and reboot twice as stated but everything seems to be running fine now that it is back up.

rats... i just did a reinstall of 10.4.2 last night on the imac to 10.4.5 guess il have to wait for anouther time then.

about to do a refresh on the poerbook to 10.4.2 > 10.4.6

This is a little off topic but does anyone know if its possible to slipstream the updates into the OS X install? For windows you can use nLite or do it by hand its there anything similar for OS X? :)

Anyone know why some PPC users download is larger than others?

the larger one includes the security update that was released earlier, which was not installed separately.

has bluetooth stopped working for anyone else, i can still pair things, but it keeps losing the connection

edit: seems to only be a problem with my specific mobile, but one that's already sparked a decent size thread on apple's support forums (link)

Edited by The Beav

This is a little off topic but does anyone know if its possible to slipstream the updates into the OS X install? For windows you can use nLite or do it by hand its there anything similar for OS X? :)

you can use a spare hdd as a master image and just boot that drive then update then log out and always keep

a fresh backup with nothing loaded on that particular os to get a image handy

check out remote desktop for more info on that type of thing

its like the nt network installer i think

I got an error during install that said I had to try again, tried again and got the error again, attempted to shut down and it wouldn't shut down so I killed the power, booted back up and I was stuck on the grey screen, killed the power again, put in disk and booted from disk and ran disk verify and then ran repair, no errors, restart and I've been staring at the grey screen with the Apple and spinning thing for about 20 minutes now...any idea what I can do to boot again, I'd prefer not to reinstall but if I have to I have to.

Mini 1.25, 512MB RAM...

Please help... :(

hold x key when booting try

any word on any opengl performance improvements? any driver updates for the radeon 9200m?

check the ati site

id stick with stock drivers in os x

the ati drivers always seem to mux up things for me

you can try a firmware update if its out there

but id stay put

I just love the file permissions getting repaired properly now.

Speed is excellent and as far as I know, you can't slipstream updates and create "10.4.6" Tiger DVDs... only Apple does that (I think they're at 10.4.3 now with retail ones).

I also had the reboot on my Powerbook. It got to the screen with the apple on a grey background with the twirly loading cycle and after staying at that for a few seconds it rebooted and went into OS X like normal.

Took forever to boot up after restart..in fact, my iBook reset right before it loaded OSX. It's fine now though.

my ibook done the same the boot up timed out then worked ok

I read that two major difference in sizes (45mb - 108mb) was the former being for PPC, the latter being for Intels.

All PPC's will do the double boot, it's in the notes. As to why... I'm not sure.

my update was 63mb :s PowerPC G4 Powerbook DDR2..

I've noticed my updates are never the same as the other Powerbook owners. Maybe the motherboard difference or something ?

Shouldn't this be in Client Software Updates btw?

Edit:

I found out a funny yet totally pointless Mac OS X-trick. If you double-click the titlebar twice (so 4 times fast) the window will minimize and reappear again. :laugh:

Edited by Neowave